1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

[​IMG]

When I see this picture, Howard looks like a pg. :grin: Surprised to see Howard shorter than all of other members. Anyway, welcome to Houston, Howard!!!

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'd be willing to guess that if you measured standing reach, Howard would measure fairly close to Hakeem. I've stood next to Howard a few years ago, and I'd say he's about 6'10" but has the arms of a guy much, much bigger.

Keep in mind that EVERYONE looks small standing next to Yao & Sampson. Those are two of the tallest players to ever play in the NBA.

Dwight has center size. Anyone trying to say he's too small, and could play the PF next to Asik just doesn't know what they are talking about.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yao had near Trex arms for his size.... but yeah that is ok with his actual size.

4. Marteen

Marteen Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a2lP4fgEAQc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yeah Howard's 6'10" about the same height as Hakeem.
    Howard started as a PF. I think he still has the quickness of a PF but he's lost his jumpshot from his HS days.

I think he secretly wants to play PF again cause he's sick of banging bodies down low. That's why he wants Asik on the team to do the dirty work. looking forward to seeing the twin towers in action this season!

6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

everybody critizise Howard for having no post game/moves but his post game was quite solid 2 years ago according to this video

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tprY_Vmn37I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Dwight will be fine, Yao and Sampson are both two of the tallest players ever.

I'd say Dwight is right around 6'10 to 6'11 if Sampson is 7'4

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Dwight to Les: "What's up shorty?" LOL

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Haha Dwight Howard is a big kid, doesn't care about respect for Mini me Dr. Evil ;) Also the what's up to Yao, like a child in a candy shop :grin:

10. plates300

plates300 Member

One thing he lacks is good footwork. If you watch his post ups, a lot of them could be considered traveling - he always moves his pivot foot. Not that I'm complaining since he's a Rocket now, but just something to look for as the season progresses.

11. Dedicatedrocket

Hakeem will help that

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Charles Barkley (on ESPN):

Your reaction to Howard signing with the Rockets?

I think he made the best basketball decision. The two front-runners, as far as basketball, were the Houston Rockets and Golden State Warriors. He would have been a nice addition to either. But with James Harden down there, they have a terrific coach in Kevin McHale, who I think will really help Dwight's game because Dwight has a long way to go offensively and Kevin McHale is the best player I played against. I think he's going to work wonders for Dwight.

Was his care-free attitude during that press conference a little alarming, just a little bit?

Listen, people have been complaining for years about Dwight smiling. Dwight is a nice kid, who is always going to smile. Everyone is not going to have Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant's personality where they'll step on your neck and make sure you're dead. Everybody doesn't have that personality. Dwight is fun loving guy. He's a very good player and hopefully Kevin can make him a great player.

Yeah he said he likes to smile because then you know that he's having fun.

13. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

How many green bars gets you to Dwight status?

14. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

My computer volume was not working so can anyone tell me what Les and Howard was saying about Howard's cap?

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He told him to take off the sticker and Morey said they like to leave it on because its fashionable and they all laughed because Les is old.

16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

[​IMG]

Yao is incredibly tall.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is probably on top of his game if he is grinning like there is no tomorrow.
    Bring it, Dwert. And get teh rebund plz.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nah... Alexander is Gollum and lookin for the Precious!

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

[​IMG]

Is it just me or are a lot of these pics underwhelming?:confused: