1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks says he's back with the Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It's pretty great that group for the most part was turned into Lowry, Dragic and Artest

2. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Anyone who thinks Brooks is going to start over Beverly or Lin is absolutely crazy. We need a good perimeter defender at that spot and Brooks is too small and makes too many mistakes to fill that need. He is, however, a good guy to bring off the bench and play small with because of his ability to attack the basket without needing a screen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cool. I hope he gets turned loose to do his thing -- blow-by for a t-drop over a big, or bust a 3 in ur face 4 ft behind the arc:eek:

Love AB

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It sure gives Morey a lot of options, you can trade, Lin, Beverly or Cannan and still be ok.

Brooks would be a better starter alongside Harden than any of them IMO....can shoot the ball, play with it or play off of it....

Good signing......flexibility FTW.

DD

5. i3artow i3aller

What player outside of BJ Young could be cut loose with the signing of Brooks and a halfway expected addition of Camby?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Det, Philly, Uth, Mil all need point guards and have cap space.

7. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Who does everyone think will tell Lin when the hammer comes down? I say Howard.

8. pnr

pnr Member

Brooks played garbage minutes in the reg season last year. People need to remember that. He played even less than an injured Jeremy Lin in the postseason.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Beverley is a much much much lower contract with restricted rights in 2 years, an ideal backup pg and people think it's going to be Lin Portland ask for....

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Which franchise wants to corner the entire China market? And get Chuck Hayes another Chinese shoe deal? A. Sacramento

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nate is holding out for a multi-year contract. Tired of consecutive 1 years, which is totally understandable IMO. I hope he finds a good landing spot soon.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

To add some fuel to the fire, Doc Rocket posted this reply to someone that simply asked "LMA?":

"Lin-Men Association? :)"

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Brooks was a starter at times for Sacremento and was great in the playoffs as soon as he went out, the team struggled....

DD

14. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Man this forum is highly supportive of the only two players that played all 82 games for them.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Honestly, I see Brooks playing alongside Lin or Beverley as a spot up shooter. I mean, obviously he would play with Harden who has the best court vision on the team for a majority of the time but when we need instant offense, I can see Brooks coming off the bench as an SG. Also, this might mean that the Rockets are not going to go after Miller.

17. pnr

pnr Member

That's not how I remembered it. I remember him getting benched for an injured Lin because he could not stay in front of his man.

18. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

My guess is sleepyazn wasn't a Rockets fan during the '09 playoffs..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b6VN3mrlam0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you not love this signing?:confused:

2 people like this.
  19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Could be...

Asik + D-Mo + Beverley for Lamarcus Aldridge.

because...

1) Asik really wants out hence chose to stay in Chicago to train instead of joining the team in LA.

2) Clutch was right. Aldridge wants to come to Houston.

3) Portland think Asik is a stud and need a center. Probably figured they couldn't get a better deal as time goes on, they lose more leverage.

4) Portland wanted Parsons but Rockets refused and offered Beverley instead.

*TBH I actually think if this is true that Brooks is back with the Rockets (still doubtful). A team needs at least 3 PGs in on its active roster (as Morey said). Canaan is likely to spend the first season in the D-League to get him up to NBA level (as Morey said).

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

MY SIG LIVES ON. 5 years and counting. Welcome back AB.

Bye Lin?