1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Umm. Deckard sticking your nose in again. Uninformed. SMFH

I did not bring God up, I was responding to someone who did and later they deleted their post.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Ban Fair Dinkum. It may actually encourage him to leave his parents basement

3. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

If you have him on ignore, why are you responding to his quote posted by someone else?

4. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

If Lin is rotting on the bench for two years (which I don't think will happen) I don't really care, I'm not that invested. I'm a typical Australian crazy sports fan, I support numerous teams and players across numerous sports worldwide.

Its comments like yours that depict the dream world Lin haters are living in and the growing desperation they have.

5. bmd

bmd Member

Why? What has he done that is so out of character?

6. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Never know what will happen especially seeing how Beverly is the teacher's pet and McHale has such a short leash on Lin.

And yea you are vested. I see you on every thread contributing to the madness.

7. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Beverley fixed

8. kumakun

kumakun Member

sometimes you need some break from all the training...a .little bit of god and humbleness will do people wonders. Most of the posters here need some Zen meditation the way they get overzealous of every little thing Lin does. Takea chill pill people.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the team practiced today - i saw them -- what they are all doing now no idea though

i wish i tried to take a pic or video before i got kicked out. DH was shooting some short jumpers (8 ft in) and some post moves.

All with a smile on his face

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i agree w/ RV6 and Yoyo that something definitely seems odd regarding lin. one possibility that comes to mind is that the team has told him beverley will be the starter now, and that's why he's become a little detached

11. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I understand your theory, I just respectfully disagree with the plausibility of it. If a player who has started the entire season, known they were on somewhat of a short leash, is told "you're not going to be the starter anymore". Why would that cause them to be detached? One would think that would make them try harder to get their spot back. For Jeremy Lin, honestly he can improve his status among fans and the media if he just shoots better, and cuts down on turnovers. 2 Things that PG's tend to improve on early in their careers anyway.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Could be. I'm cool with Lin being distant and quite. He's handling it a lot better than Asik. He's being a lil B about it.

13. ERC

ERC Member

Who would tell him that? Harden? Howard? Parsons? Let's remember McHale can only watch the workout and can't coach (unless Rockets wanted to be fined for the 3rd time this off season).

Besides, even if it were true, it'd only fuel his drive and desire to excel even more. Despite being soft-spoken, Lin is extremely competitive. He's not gonna let a little setback like that deter him.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Prepare to be disapointed. He's mediocre

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I still believe Lin will be the starter in the fall (if he isnt traded - IMO a big if) but with the success the team saw with Beverley I am sure its lurking in the back of his head that he has competition for his position now. I mean he beat out Toney Douglas once already in NY so he didnt see him as a threat early in the season.

I honestly do like Lin as a person - I think he is a much nicer person than Harden (just my opinion from experiences) - but the behavior just seems a bit different from what would have been expected. When most everyone else but Asik (which is expected) made some sort of public welcome - Lin was relatively quiet. Being the point guard of the team - the guy who would be feeding Dwight in the post you would think he would be somewhat excited.

Jeremy is a bright kid and he is competitive - thats proven and can't be argued - I am just hoping this is just another way for him to fuel himself to become a better player.

Right now though I mean Bev was super happy about DH, gave up his number (then had to delete his tweet), showed up at the press conference and rally after participating in Orlando's SL and then flew out and has been in LA with everyone else. in DH's eye he probably prefer's Bev

of course this is all speculation right now by everyone here including myself. There are several weeks till we actually see this team as a semi-finished product on the floor. I just think it was a poor decision by Jeremy to put that picture out - unless everyone else was given the reason why he wasnt staying for the last two days.

this could be a total nonstory when they are actually at camp in 2 months

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They re not going to get fined for speaking to him...

I think he may just have realized what my sig says...there has been a shift and he has been pushed out of the picture by Parsons and Howard. He appears to have chosen to fall in with the other role guys instead of being an alpha.

17. ERC

ERC Member

Lin's performance last season was average, sure. But there's no reason to think he won't improve. I mean, Danny Green was cut multiple times before he blossomed into a sharpshooter and broke Allen's record. Took Steve Nash 4 seasons before his break-out. Same goes for Mike Conley, and many others.

I always thought one of the best thing about being a fan is having a little faith, no? ;)

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

What is the point of this post? Let him think what he wants. If you don't have something supportive to say, then don't say it, especially when you're doing it out of spite.

19. pnr

pnr Member

Well the NBA is driven by 'what have u done for me lately'? All those players were hated on for subpar play. What will shut everyone up is if Lin plays above his contract next year. No need to be so sensitive about it.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Why are people upset about Lin behavior? He's still posting god quotes silly Instagram pics 'had a great workout with the rockets in LA!' Peopl give him crap for not working on his game, being too active on social media then when he tapers it back and from all reports is working hard to improve its now some issue?