1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri and Omer

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by iLookOK, Jul 14, 2013.

1. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

I don't know how this thread got past this...

2. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

This is hardly "the worst thread ever". It's a valid question. However, as already pointed out, Omer asked for a trade the day Dwight announced he would sign with Houston. And Omri would not sign with Houston if it would be a problem for him.

So I think it will not be an issue. However, if there was such an issue, and this goes for all sports, I would just ban the protester from the sport. Religious bull**** should have no place in sports (or in our everyday lives for that matter).

3. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Well said

Turkey is well know for being a secular government in a very religious part of the world. The protest in taksim square are in part do to the religious right overstepping themselves.

I will say, I don't think you'll see both of them sharing a pulled pork sandwich.

4. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I am 99.9% sure it will not be an issue.
    Omer is angry because his playing time went from 35 minutes a game to 12. Nothing to see here folks.....

5. Madclownpacasum

6. dxdx

dxdx Member

If you're insinuating that there is going to be team chemistry issues because of the politics of both countries, then you must be completely ignorant and paranoid. No one is disputing the fact that on the global political stage, the obvious Israeli-Muslim dispute rages on, however, athletes are not mere reflections of their own countries, and believe this: they may very well not agree with the stance their governments are taking. I suppose that maybe you bow to the stereotypes and generalizations in today's society, but do realize their fallacies; a Muslim man who hails from an Islamic country doesn't atuomatically make him an extremist bigot.

You have displayed an absolutely disgraceful and disgusting show of your stupidity and ignorance.

7. makman

makman Member

As an arab muslim I'll say you're making a generalization about both of these guys when truly they prob couldn't care less. Only the ignorant/ uneducated would concern themselves with race or religion of a teammate, or whether fans will still cheer for them. You care only about his ability to contribute to the team, nothing else. I personally loved the Casspi signing and think he's going to have a solid year, and hope Asik can stick it out this year till him and Lin's contract double and they're moved.

Times are changing, radical views represent a small minority and they hardly pay attention to sports. Sports actually help bridge the gap in a lot of ways. In the end it's a game and a business, no place for any of that on any level. Also, as religious as Hakeem was, he had no issue playing for a Jewish owner (Les) and they've been close throughout the years. I get why you brought it up, but tolerance and acceptance is what both religions preach, it just takes a few crazy a-holes to ruin to it for everyone else. You'll find that those people truly know nothing about their religion.

1 person likes this.
  8. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Enough of this Religious and political talk, and let's go back to discussing ball....

9. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

does asik fast?

and dream and les?

10. GameChanger

GameChanger Member

asik avg exactly 30.0 Mins a game last year during the reg season

11. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

Re-read the part where I said that pressure from home would affect him and then get back to me.

12. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member