1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kennedy] - Rockets Interested In Tinsley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fighton, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Same guy who said Dwight is staying in la.Also hoopsworld for me became a complete joke when bill ingrham reported Spree had signed for JVG in 2004. Since then I black listed them.

1 person likes this.
  2. Granville

Granville Member

Maybe they were overheard discussing lunch and Kennedy got confused....

[​IMG]

3. daleri

daleri Member

I was thinking along these lines as well but I wonder if this year they change their approach. The last few years the Rockets have been mining for diamonds in the rough and a competitive training camp might help with that search for assets. This year though they might decide they want a fixed roster with mostly defined roles coming into camp so that month is all about them gelling in their roles and learning to play together.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Someone tweet this guy to STFU

5. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Though Kennedy cannot be trusted, the idea that the Rockets are looking for a veteran PG isn't a stretch. When was the last time we drafted a rookie that got solid rotation minutes? They almost always go to the D-League the first year and must compete to get any minutes that season.

As great of a shooter as Canaan is, his game has flaws (turnovers, lack of defense) that reduce his NBA-readiness. These are things that would need to be improved to get him in a contending rotation.

Something we all need to come to grips with is that we're no longer a rebuilding team looking for ways to give our rookies playing time to develop them. At this stage, we're a contending team, and lack the patience required to build rookies that are not yet ready for the NBA. We shouldn't expect Canaan to get any regular burn this season.

So, are we really interested in Tinsley? Maybe not. But thinking that we're 3 deep at point guard right now is forgetting our team's past. I could see picking up an Aaron Brooks type player as insurance at the 3rd string point.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lol, Morey tired of the "youngest team in the league" label.

7. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Chandler Parsons?

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its chris broussard who reported "50/50 dwight waffling"

But I believe kennedy reported 50/50 it too, as though he somehow had a story though he probably read the same tweets we did

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

LOLOL!!

10. NotChandlerParsons

Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson. Players who spend 3-4 years in college in a large role seem to get into the rotation fairly quickly.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It was a real pleasure watching Jamal Tinsley on the Jazz last year.

Hopefully he stays in Utah for a few more years.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If Tinsley paid the Rockets to be on the team, or even to just hang around the team and not even be on the roster, I still don't think they would want him.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm all for bringing some veteran leadership to the PG position since we have two really young players there right now, but is Tinsley really the guy for the job? Well, anyways, in Morey I trust, so if he believes it, then I believe it.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Just my personal opinion is that if your bringing in unknowns like Covington & Young for your 13 - 15 roster spots, you have no reason not to also give camp invites to maybe.... lets say Vander Blue & Jack Cooley, or maybe another veteran player too that is motivated to get back in the league.

I think a little competition for those spots, and 2 months in pre-camp workouts will help give more data that can help them make better decisions on those roster spots.

We can always go back to Jeremy Lin as the perfect example of this. Had the Rockets got Lin under contract in July as opposed to September, they might have had believe enough in him to then look at ways to move Johnny Flynn instead.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That being said though..... Tinsley might be the worst basketball player in the entire NBA right now. I seriously doubt Morey wants anything to do with this guy. Probably just agent BS trying to get his client an offer from one of these teams by creating false competition.

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

It's a rumor that Tinsley's agent has made

17. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I wish we'd kept Shaun Livingston instead of cutting him for Scott Machado. I know Livingston can't shoot 3's, but he's a bigtime creator on offense and a good wing defender.

18. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

19. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I liked Tinsley at Iowa State

Unfortunately that was ages ago

20. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

I was wrong on the Warriors. He said the Lakers. Here are some tweets that were posted after Dwight chose the Rockets. Looks like he was just reading "Multiple sources" Broussard.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard is en route to L.A. now to meet with Lakers. I'm told the extra money that he could earn in L.A. is still weighing on Howard.</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/353312409777213440">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yup. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA">@ESPNNBA</a> On <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard">@Chris_Broussard</a> reports Dwight Howard has had change of heart, is now 50-50 on decision to leave Lakers</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/353328492890439680">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yup. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten">@mcten</a> What's the hold up? &quot;It's hard to walk away from $30 million,&quot; said source close to Dwight Howard. &quot;Harder than we thought.&quot;</p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/353321000861052928">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>