1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Magic or CP3

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockbox, Jul 15, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who was better

1. Magic

95.2%
  2. CP3

4.8%
  1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

+ He played Center in the finals game when Hakeem was out...FREAKING CENTER. I can't even fathom that.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

magic was so good.....correction.....magic was so ****ing good...that even his **** got more residual win in it than cp3 got from head to toe.....correction....from fake whiplashing head to flopping toe

3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

fixed.

4. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Manic has 5 rings, Cp3 has none. Next question.

5. trowa2

trowa2 Member

10 years from now, yall will be saying lebron>>>>>>the next superstar. cp3 easily but people tend to choose legend over the new but better player.

6. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Magic*

7. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

42 pts/ 15 rb / 6asts starting at CENTER

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yYNDWaEmqto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

On what metric can you make that assertion?

Tell me...how is Kobe better than Jordan?

Thats what you're doing rihght now.

I wasn't old enough to watch magic, but I've seen enough hardwood classics to see a gap as wide as the grand canyon between the two at the moment. CP3 has done nothing to put himself up for comparison thus far. He is a damn good PG in this league, and arguably maybe not even the best. Paker has humiliated him in the playoffs multiple times, and he failed with the clipps last season.
    He's also getting white coaches fire.d

9. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i dont believe i said kobe is better than jordan.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's not even a contest, but since LeBron and Shaq are in most peoples starting 5 people want the ball in their hands and not Magic's. Chris Paul is the better three point shooter, therefore better off the ball player. So people picked him instead.

I hate how people come out with their chests sticking out saying these kids don't know basketball, blah, blah, blah...Get over yoursleves. The spacing would be poor with this starting 5 and you know it:

Johnson
    Jordan
    LeBron
    Hakeem
    Shaq

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

thats what cp3 is to magic.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Actually with Kobe, at least he's one of the best SGs of all time, MJ is the overall better player by a mile though.

Magic
    Isiah
    Oscar
    Nash.

Nash in his prime was better than CP3. When all is said and done, players like Rose and Westbrook might even be taking CP3's spot. Guy needs to show some results for once.
    We can even go on and on about t-mac doing this and that, and his prime blah blah, but at the end of the day it doesn't change things.

13. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I hate Stockton as much as the next diehard rocket but he was pretty good on offense n defense. he flopped as well too.

14. trowa2

trowa2 Member

and.?

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

morey said that to try to get chris paul to play for the rockets?...morey u slick huh ;)

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

Why do we even have these polls? They are two very different kinds of players. Not a good comparison. Magic will win by miles and miles.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Here are a couple of legit comparisons worthy of discussion:

CP3 vs. Zeke. I would take CP3

LeBron vs. Magic

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow..

As of right now CP3 is the Tmac of this era. Not much team success, puts up great stats, but still not much team success.

It's hard to put him in these discussions. If he was making the finals and just lost to Lebron then it would be much easier...as of right now he still has a lot to prove.

Great PG...just don't think he matches up to the greats of all time yet. You need at least one finals appearance to get into that discussion IMO. Either that or a MVP award or two.

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Ehh, I hate judging players by how far they went in the playoffs. It's not as if CP3 underperformed in the playoffs causing his teams to lose.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're right but at the same time all these people that we are comparing him to have had LOTS of playoff success. That factors into the discussion.