1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros blocked CSNHouston deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Major

Major Member

Agreed - RedZone is great for fantasy football fans, but has no real interest for people who enjoy watching actual football games. Transplants to Houston that follow other teams and sports bars are still stuck with DirecTV there. As you said, sports bars probably end up carrying both in the short-term. I don't think you'll have a sea change of individuals switching to Comcast though.

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I filled out the form once, telling Uverse not to bow to CSN's demands. I still get the promotions.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anybody want my code?? First person to email me gets it.

4. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Email sent.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Replied with code.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I got the email and I wasn't even eligible to file a complaint. :confused:

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

i got it too.

they've sent me 2 games now. i guess it's a result of not receiving the rockets tickets when i originally signed the petition.

8. juicystream

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Direct TV's contract for exclusive NFL sunday ticket rights will be up soon. They've certainly seen a big drop in demand for this since the red zone channel (hence they're basically giving it away for free now... that was unheard of 3 years ago).

Again, all part of the "decentralization" of all channels/packages... everything should be available ala carte to anybody with a broadband or mobile subscription.

EDIT: If you buy the anniversary edition of Madden on Amazon, they give you a free season of NFL sunday ticket. Even if you don't subscribe to direct TV, you will be able to get it on your computer, phone or tablet. Again... just giving it away at this point, and an example of how future packages/channels should be offered to the public.

#669 Nick, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

i wonder what they mean by unable

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=1557458342&pf_rd_i=B00CF7KVGE

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

12. TimPoopura

TimPoopura Member

I am moving back to Houston from Chicago after 3 years and am about to sign up for a service provider. My building offers Comcast and AT&T

Semi-serious question: is it my ethical duty to sign up for Comcast (and get CSN!)? After looking at pricing and packages, I'm convinced AT&T is offering more content for a better price. Part of me wants to sign up for the cheapest AT&T package, and then call them every week harangueing them and threatening to cancel until they pick up CSN.

It sucks to read the articles from June where AT&T reps say they're not worried about losing customers due to their lack of picking up CSN. And yet, I can see why. They're offering more right now for a better price (hello, NFL).

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Will be moving back to Houston (Kingwood) soon, too, and I think a good portion of the area doesn't have Comcast available. At this point I'd be OK going with AT&T or something like SuddenLink regardless of Comcast availability. Something has gotta give soon. Most the city can't watch most of the cities sports franchises on local TV. That's pretty embarrassing.

14. juicystream

You don't owe the Astros anything. However, the provider does. You may want to consider calling Comcast and asking what they can do for you to match AT&T.

15. juicystream

1 person likes this.
  16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Selling 4 tickets for Reds astros game 9/18

Price negotiable

Email:

j/k code: CSNhNTKk

#677 REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 30, 2013