1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Ready Jeremy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Vpballa916, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

Losing Jeremy Lin won't make or break this team since he isn't that much better than what Patrick Beverley is now.

what we really need is a stretch PF, it's too bad Asik is needed as Dwight insurance.

2. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Relax. I said he was a "good" player, not a great one. He's definitely overpaid and was probably only brought in cause Rockets were desperate at the time and needed to sell tickets.

He had a rough playoff run and Patrick Beverly starting over him showed that. Many people overrated him after Linsanity, but with that said, I think a lot of people are underrating him now.

He's no premier pg but he's also not a terrible player. He definitely deserves to start for this team, just needs to work on his 3s. I think he'll improve a lot now that we have Dwight.

3. Vpballa916

the one thing going for Lin is that Harden has proven in the past, especially in OKC, that he can drain the spot up 3. Now that Dwight is here, maybe McHale will allow Jeremy to play the lead guard during stints of the game to allow Harden to move off the ball more, it'll take pressure off of him.

one thing's for sure, Houston's going to let it fly from 3

i can actually see this lineup happening

Jeremy
    Harden
    Garica
    Parsons
    Dwight

3 point snipers, protected by the big goalie in the middle

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I really think Lin will have an awesome and productive season, like you all say, either he stay or get ship out at the en of the season!

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Please, please you did not just stated that passing to Asik in the post is an accomplishment. As a Rockets fan who had watched the entirety of Yao Ming's career, I don't even know how to respond to this.

A lot of people believe he needs to be AT LEAST this, not only this. Because it is the core of any offensive system that features a post-up big.

6. kumakun

kumakun Member

God brought Howard to the Rockets for Lin on the 3rd day because he saw how ungrateful the people were of Lin. He(Lin) gave up his stats for his team and coach for he is a just man, God blessed him with a bigger man to support this Lin and such was great.

7. OpportunityCost

Lol. :grin:

8. verysimplejason

CONCENSUS? Actually, Lin's game got approval from some greats and HOFs. Eye-test? They're a more convincing eye-test than yours. Just sayin' man...

9. Nawad70

Nawad70 Member

I agree.

10. afk

afk Member

Get Ready Jeremy... Lamb!

11. verysimplejason

This... I don't know when did PBEV became even played at JLIN's level. Here's your per 36 for both players. Everybody but you (maybe some LOHs) noticed Rockets' drop in offensive efficiency whenever PBEV subs for Lin. With Howard and Asik protecting the rim, would PBEV's small advantage in man-to-man defense outweigh JLIN's effect offensively? You're reaching man...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beverpa01.html

12. jclee

jclee Member

why don't you call up the rockets and let them know you should be the coach or the next GM!

13. Vpballa916

they can't afford me, i'm too busy spitting invaluable tidbits to the likes of y'all

they can take notes, though.

I am all about the people, not just about the Benjamin's, baby.

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Consensus between his left eye and his right eye :grin: And probably the eye in his behind too :rolleyes:

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Keeping both is an option... Lets try that :)

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Wow!

The Lin haters are getting slaughtered all over the GARM!

Their new threads are getting more ridiculous and more repetitive.
    Their desperation is palpable.

If Lin plays well, he will not be traded because he will have proven his worth and potential (+Howard and Harden want him).
    If Lin plays badly, he will not be traded because his contract makes him difficult to trade.

Either way, Lin will be here for two more years.

As true Rockets fans you should be rooting for Lin and the entire team to succeed. Can't wait to see the Rockets tear it up this season!

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It's not even close, people confuse good ball pressure with actual good defense.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

19. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

Was he the real point guard last year? I thought Harden was the PG in Rockets. Coach sent Lin in the corner most of the time, right? Does Rockets wants Lin to be the point guard or just some kind of jump-up shooter?

20. Faithful123

Faithful123 Member

So what? Didn't Tony Parker disappear in the playoffs games with Miami too?