1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trayvon Martin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 10, 2012.

1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

What part of "this was not a Stand Your Ground case" do you not understand?

2. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

This trial was so emblematic of the United States today. Unfortunately our leaders were elected by ignorant, emotional people who don't reason using facts or logic -- just like all of the Trayvon supporters. The media fed all of you a lying, deceitful narrative and you drank it in. Obama chimes in to rally the black vote and play on the basest of human emotions. A race division is created, exactly what he wants.

Civilized countries do not have mob rule. They don't have trial by media. They have rule of law and due process, and that's what carried the day in this case. Facts and evidence won, not emotions and speculation. Shame on Spike Lee. Shame on Miley Cyrus. Shame on Al Sharpton, and shame on all of the people in this thread that allowed themselves to be deceived by the media. Shame on the race hustlers that use issues like this to extort things from other races, and shame on people that righteously try to intimidate using racial division. Facts and rule of law won out over ignorance and knee-jerk emotional reactions -- as they should.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Everybody in this thread got played by the media because we all paid attention to it, yourself included. Should have ve never got as much attention as it did and especially for what it did.

4. gwayneco

He did not put himself into any situation. Trayvon Martin did. Once that happened, Zimmerman had no opportunity to flee. THIS WAS NOT STAND YOUR GROUND. IT WAS A CLASSIC SELF-DEFENSE CASE.

5. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Well yes, I can have an opinion that the majority are something. Like the Chinese example, I think the majority of Latino people will speak at least some Spanish. It doesn't mean I don't know there aren't some exceptions and prepare for it.

And yes, the way I'm reading things (both literally and figurative) I feel that's the way most blacks think. It doesn't mean I don't know there aren't exceptions. You guys are implying this supposed massive level of stereotyping on me and putting words in my mouth, not based on what I'm actually saying. I've been in many debates and I'm ALWAYS careful about stereotypes because I know some people are gonna get bent out of shape and think I mean "all" when I say something. Yet, I'm careful about it and this still happens.

Aye-yi-yi-yi. I'm probably one of the more rationally mind people because I don't irrationally stereotype, group people and instead look at various layers of arguments and situations. I get in a debate with some people and suddenly they see an inch and run for a mile and imply some things that were intentionally guarded against being blown out of proportion.

I'm not trying to sound like this genius compared to everyone else but as I've said here and in many, many threads there is lots of gray in the world.

I'm from the Clear Lake area. The only place where I felt had any high level of prejudice was Friendswood, even after having lived there part-time for two years. And again, that's hardly implying all white people there were bigots but I usually feel such a sense of elitism there and a feeling (and actual looks from people) that I don't belong despite the fact I've never come close to being in the trouble with the law beyond speeding tickets years ago.

But while it is CERTAINLY justifiable and correct in some circumstances to play the RC, many black people are sometimes oversensitive on issue of race and use it as a crutch to treat whites (innocent or not) poorly. Doesn't mean most blacks are oversensitive and it doesn't mean the ones who are in turn raise heck and sand when blacks are perceived to get the short end of the stick, as usual.

6. Lil Pun

How can you speak about the majority when you don't know the majority. In your experience, fine but don't group the entire race or even the majority of that race into once type of characteristic. I don't care what race it is, it is wrong.

7. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I've been trying implying and sometimes double reinforced what I said. Like I said, some see an inch and take a Texas mile.

8. gwayneco

Spoken like a true Crumptard.

9. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

How can you or anyone do the same? There are 7 billion people in this world and 310 million in the US alone yet we'll only meet or be able to encounter in any way (via the TV, radio and media, internet, etc...) probably as much as around 50,000-100,000 people in any given lifetime.

Since we can't meet everyone, we have to go on the best logic we can (and, of course, logic has nothing to do with the truth).

And you guys are down on me in this thread for not being 100% for Zimmerman being convicted but probably weren't there for the MANY times I had defend against the idea that blacks are wrong to ever bring up racism.

http://rafer.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8035873&postcount=75

Yep, I'm just an Uncle Tom and Fignewton who just thinks the worst of ALL blacks even when I basically just say "this is the general feeling I get" on a subject.

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

1...please proof-read and use structure in your sentences that makes sense for the unfortunate few of us that actually read it.

2....he has no point.

Telling a girl (the prey) "don't wear that, don't go with him" and she ends up raped or dead is NOT the same as....hey..guy carrying that gun (the predator), don't take the law into your own hands"

The girls is the victim and she was raped or died because she didn't listen.

GZ is ALIVE and someone else is dead because he didn't mind his own business and listen to what they told him.

HE is alive so how is HE a victim of not taking heed to advice?

There is zero correlation to this debacle of a case and his dumb ass analogy.

11. gwayneco

Don West was exactly right. This was a tragedy that Angela Corey attempted to turn into a travesty. This case should never have been brought in the first place. Shame on the media. Shame on the Crumptards. Shame on Barack Hussein Obama. And shame on the state of Florida.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think there are a lot of ignorant people out there. I don't think it does anyone any good to blame one race or the other. Some people seem really eager to do that. I don't know why. There are ignorant tweets out there by plenty of people who supporters of Zimmerman, and those who hoped he would be convicted.

I understand why a jury might see the evidence the way this jury saw it. It isn't the way I saw the evidence or the verdict I would have voted for. But it was the one this jury came up with, and that's that. It's the way the legal system played out. I think the main point is that the case got to go through the legal system and that was a good thing.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, wow.

14. Lil Pun

Sorry but I and many of the people I know do not make such generalizations on races. I don't know the majority of Chinese people so I won't assign a characteristic to the majority of them just as I wouldn't do it to any other race. It is really not that hard and cannot be justified, as you have tried to do.

Check my post history.
    - I wasn't rooting for Zimmerman's conviction. I didn't think the events that took place were racist in nature. I thought the trial was a joke that got way too much attention for all the wrong reasons and so on.

- I've said this before and I'll say it again. Racism still exists and anybody would be a fool to say it does not. A big problem with racism is that many instances of claimed racism are nothing of the sort, it is just the race card being played by that person. This is a problem because it detracts from actual racist incidents and has other people view those as race cards being played.

- I've called you no names of the sort but I do believe your thinking is wrong, just my opinion of course and it may not mean much to you and that's fine too.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is nothing wrong with people protesting and disagreeing the verdict. It isn't illegal to disagree with the verdict, and believe that in this case justice wasn't served.

16. TheresTheDagger

Bureau of Justice Statistics data show that from 1976 to 2005, white victims were killed by white defendants 86% of the time and black victims were killed by blacks 94% of the time. In addition, more than half the nation's homicide victims are African-American, though blacks make up only 13% of the population. Of those black murder victims, 85% were men, mostly young men.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...1048197464.html

Just thought I'd add this little bit of information. My first, last and only post on this matter.

17. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

18. dback816

dback816 Member

In America, you dingus

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The real travesty is this thread will never hit 10,000 replies.