1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If Lin is staying he probably needs to come off the bench. Beverly should start, D up and defer to Harden offensively. Lin can relieve the ball handling pressure of the bench while Harden is resting. Win win for everyone.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You obviously haven't been following our team very long. The Houston fan base is extremely loyal. Fact of the matter is our longest tenured players have been here all of 2 seasons. The roster turnover has been pretty non stop, but when players actually do stick around we have the time to grow to truly appreciate them, even the non stars.

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I think lin reached his potential during linsanity and is still capeable of that in spurts but we don't really need that kind od production since we are loaded with offensive options.Can he improve, surer, but will he be an allstar or have that much improvement in him, highly doubtfull.

4. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Ready for the twin towers yes sir!!!

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Rondo or Calderon for Lin is a joke? How? They were much better than Lin.

Unless you're referring to the joke being those guys are unattainable.

6. cw3k

cw3k Member

As my USMC gunny told me: Never lie. Just don't tell the truth.

7. conquistador#11

If Lin isn't replaced by another pg with vision and understanding of the game and harden initiates the offense, we will be fighting with minny for the last spot all season. We're only good as our ball movement.

8. Panda23

Panda23 Member

We looked very good last season when the ball wasn't sticky as McHale professes.

9. cw3k

cw3k Member

Rondo has big ego problem. You wonder why Doc left, KG left, Paul left, Allen left. All left.

Calderon better than Lin? Under what standard? Honestly, if he is any good, Raptors wouldn't earn the name Craptors.

10. platypus

platypus Member

Rondo was better i agree. But Calderon is not "better" than Lin. Calderon is a defensive black hole and his only plus on offense is that he shoots the ball well.

Lin on the other hand is an average shooter but is by far a better defender than calderon. Lets also mention that we are comparing a player who has reached his prime and is now on the decline to a player (lin) who is just starting to figure out his game.

TLDR; Rondo>Lin Calderon <(or equal to) Lin

11. NICK3QB

NICK3QB Member

I find it hilarious that people say that fans aren't loyal for wanting to improve the team. I mean they do realize we've practically traded away our entire team twice over the past few years right? If they're seriously that attached to players then i'm sure they've been on the verge of breakdown the way Morey has turned over this roster.

12. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Beverley starting = Harden ISO ball. Harden ISO ball gave us losses at the end of last year to Phoenix, almost Minnesota, GS, Indiana, etc...almost lost us a playoff berth. No thanks.

1 person likes this.
  13. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

Calderon will also be 32 this season

14. trowa2

trowa2 Member

howard said the same about SVG

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Then how did we get to the playoffs?

16. Beverage

Beverage Member

I'd like to see how Lin and Howard play on the floor together with Harden out. I wonder if they could do like how Lin and Chandler did in New York, just pick and rolling to the basket for an easy alley. That would create space for Lin to shoot or pass the ball to open guys. That's where he's at his best. I'd like to see Beverly and Harden should get minutes together too.

17. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

Agree. Totally out of nowhere.

Unlike Asik facing the real possibility of seeing only 15 minutes of playing time a game, Howard does not make Lin less useful at all. If anything, it's quite reasonable to expect Howard/Lin to be a nice fit together. Sure we are always looking for the extra star if available, but we should be less inclined to actively seeking to trade Lin than we would a couple of months ago.

At the end of the regular season, clutchfans are still super-excited about "the best back-court combo in the NBA" we have on our team. After a disappointing playoff series by Lin (partly due to injury) and the signing of a franchise center, suddenly fans want to break-up the back court and dump Lin as if he's a dead weight? Really?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin helps H&H as international stars - something no other point guard can really do.

Lin also is really likable, and he has been getting better - so I can see why H&H want to keep him in H-town.

I think Lin will be alright - if he can get near 40% shooting and dish out 6-7 assists on this team (keep in mind pg on championship teams rarely get a ton of assists because of the star players have the ball a lot), he's good. With PB to switch things up when we need to trip up an opposing PG defensively, it can work.

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I say its a joke that anyone thought the Rockets would trade Lin for these guys.

Rondo is coming off ACL surgery. You cannot judge him on the same level just as you cannot say D.Rose is MVP level player again yet. Rondo has to prove he can play back to his old form. I think he should take an extra year off like D.Rose and recover fully. In any event, we shouldn't trade Lin for him. It's a joke if we do.

Calderon is 33 and on the downward side of his career. Lin is young, and has potential to improve. Calderon shot slightly higher than Lin from 3pt in the last 41 games of last season, but Lin is a far better passer and playmaker. Again, I think its a joke if you trade Lin for Calderon.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

It's not a win for the Rockets, Howard or Lin. Beverley can't create like Lin can and get Howard easy shots.

Beverley's D isn't like it's way better than Lin's D anyway, he is just pressures the ball better to disrupt the other teams offense. I'm glad Beverley is good at that but I think it's more important to get our offense flowing from the very beginning of the game.