1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White gives an emphatic ‘hell no’ to the idea of taking part in 100 flights this year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dragician, Jul 12, 2013.

1. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Royce is full of excuses. He left d-league because the hotels were uncomfortable.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If he does decide to try to apply himself and the Sixers let him stick around, Philadelphia has the benefit of being pretty close to everyone in the Eastern Conference except Miami, Orlando, Charlotte, and Atlanta. With 41 home games and 18-19 games that are close enough to drive to, he can play in 60 games. Philly is a better landing spot than say Salt Lake City.

That is, if flying was the only problem. Which, obviously, is not the case.

3. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, the problem is that through all this it basically seems like he hasn't kept himself in basketball shape. He hasn't been working on his game, he hasn't attempted to learn our system or worked with anyone in the coaching staff
    (or his teammates) or done anything that resembled getting himself ready to play in an NBA game. So for all purposes he is still a rookie and no close to sniffing the floor.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am nearly convinced that if all the road games were in the Philly suburbs, he would find a reason not to be there.

5. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Mental illness deserves to be taken as seriously as physical health, and if his condition truly leaves him unable to perform his duties as a professional basketball player, then he deserves our sympathy. But Rockets fans aren't mad at Royce because he's sick - we're mad at him because he lied to our front office. He told the Rockets that he would be able to perform his duties and so the Rockets blew a first-round pick, five million dollars, a corresponding amount of cap space, and a roster spot on him. If you can't perform for your employer, the time to inform them is BEFORE they spend an assload of resources to bring you onboard.

I don't want to judge because only Royce and management know the full details of a situation, but to an outside observer this looks very much like an individual who hid a debilitating condition to extract a huge payday from a franchise that trusted him and then attempted to use his condition to deflect criticism while trashing the franchise that made him so wealthy. Maybe that isn't how it is, but that's sure what it looks like.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Unofficially, he's not in the NBA now. Philly will cut him, and no team will touch him.

7. Little General

F this dude! He got like what? 5 kids now? Is this also because of anxiety disorder?

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The thing that really irritates me is that he doesn't want to attempt to even try to fly, which doesn't make any freaking sense if he flew a few times during his college career. I understand anxiety, my fiance was deathly afraid of swimming in the ocean all her life. This summer she forced herself to swim, we even managed to swim with whale sharks. I shake and sweat uncontrollably when I meet new people, I just fight through it. This whole situation is annoying and I'm glad he is gone but I do hope he can get over it and be successful in the NBA.

9. dsid411

dsid411 Member

Good. He has done an absolutely HORRIBLE job of representing people with anxiety issues. Hopefully he hasn't destroyed the chances of other players with similar issues. What a waste of time and money.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That trade can't go through fast enough.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I can't think of a single person that has done more damage to mental anxiety sufferers than Royce White. If I was an employer I would do everything possible to avoid hiring one.

12. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

not our problem anymore!

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Royce has burned all the bridges to the NBA, including the ones he has not walked yet on.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Next stop, reality television!

15. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Dude, he's not our team anymore. He's not our problem last thing i'll want is another thread about him. All I want to let him go and forget about him. Lock this thread, please?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not a Rocket ...

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What's sad is that after he's years out of the league, and blown all his money, he'll still be tweeting that it's everyone else's fault, beginning with the Rockets.

18. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

You are insulting people with mental health disorders. Not all people with mental health disorders are spoiled, arrogant brats.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

once he got into the NBA he completely stopped trying. he didn't even practice, what would his excuse for that be? in college he had no problem travelling and playing. i don't doubt he has a disorder, but he's taking advantage of his situation now

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I basically boil the whole White thing down to this: If he wants to be an NBA player, at the very least he should keep himself in shape and practice his game. If he did that while asking for demands, I might still think he has a chance.

Yeah, but it's funny to look at the situation from afar rather than be part of it. And I don't pity Philly either. Morey added the cash to cover his salary and gave them a 2nd round prospect(1st round talent according to Rockets but dropped due to his buyout). Hinke's more than enough compensated for having to deal with White.