1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Rajon Rondo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kingshadaine, Jun 28, 2013.

1. landryfans

landryfans Member

Boston would love to unload Rondo, the truth is he is a cancer, they cover it up try to maintain his value.

2. Star

Star Member

Rondo is worst then ****.

3. zdrav

zdrav Member

Howard and Rondo both need the ball. You said that Harden would fit in nonetheless because he did so in OKC, where he was a 6th man. Therefore, you were advocating that Harden take a backseat to Howard and Rondo the way he did with Westbrook and Durant.

Let the backpedalling begin, LOL.

4. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Rondo is elite at everything except perimeter shooting. If you have the chance to trade for a guy like him, you do it. It's a no-brainer. He's led his team to the NBA Finals twice and won a championship. The guy also basically averaged a triple-double for the ENTIRE 2009 playoffs. The argument that "defenses sag off of him and pack the paint which harms spacing" is bogus, because Rondo will pick defenses apart when given room on the perimeter to pass. Also, his acl was only partially torn. It was not a full tear. Asik + Lin for Rondo.

Harden did fine in OKC with two other ball-dominant players and Rondo has done fine in Boston with a ball-dominant Paul Pierce. Rondo knows his strengths and plays within himself, which is why his shooting % is high for a guard. He's also shown signs of improved perimeter shooting.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

So there are some people who believe that Harden can play with a passing PG who needs the ball in his hand and isn't a deadeye shooter. Cool that.

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Which part of my monologue does not look serious to you?

In fact, I might like to add, I would do Asik + Lin + Parsons for Rondo.

1 person likes this.
  7. jahunter2013

jahunter2013 Member

So some of you are saying you wouldn't want s pg who is a lock down defender, gives you 11 assists a game and ferociously attacks the rim?

1 person likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nope didn't say that. Just said he played fine with 2 other players that demanded the ball. And while I'm no basketball expert, I'm pretty sure Dwight won't be playing any point, so I think he will be demanding the ball too much outside the post.

Look at pierce, he was the primary ball handler this last half of a season. And oh wait he played great with Rondo also.

But if you want to continue putting words in my mouth, go for it.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

Just think economically. Once Parsons gets his payday, and assuming that he becomes an All-star, then the Rockets would have potentially FOUR max contract-level players on the team.

Are you one of those people who also wants Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge next year as well?

Is that the Rockets new model? A Big FIVE?

10. zdrav

zdrav Member

Yes, and he did so as a 6th man who had to significantly sacrifice minutes, points, and touches.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he can be the 6th man since bev is a better shooter!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Lin can be 6th man if we get a better PG like CP3 but I'd feel sorry for Beverley being relegated to a 3rd stringer.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Leave rondo in Boston. Do not want.

14. zdrav

zdrav Member

Hahahahahahaha! :grin:

15. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

Boston: Sorry, Houston. Get your own 6th man, Rondon is our 6th, not yours!

16. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

I don't think he will fit our team but if we can get him for Asik and Lin, I think it can be a more valuable trade chip. We could package him for another star that woul fit our team better. Doesn't look like we are bidding against alot I people. I also think j. green is a good fit....better than Anderson.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A bad fit, unless he was coming off the bench, and why on earth would he want to do that? Not to mention that we couldn't possibly afford a guy of his caliber as a 6th man. A great talent who needs to stay in Boston, or play for someone else needing his skills as a starting point guard, and doesn't need a fellow in that position who's nails from behind the arc.

18. supermandan

supermandan Member

what are you smoking and can i have some of it?

19. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

Rondo is, IMO, the second best point guard in the league. If you have a chance to get him, you go for it. Maybe he isn't a great shooter, but that doesn't matter when he's not an idiot like Josh Smith that just keeps chucking. C'mon people. Also his defense is killer, but you know what? Never mind because he isn't a great shooter... Seriously

20. Richard Djunk

Richard Djunk Member

Asik + Lin for Rondo would be a great trade for Boston and LOHs.