1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets broadcasting horrible halftime stories must end

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Free Agent, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I switch the game over from ESPN to see what the halftime feature story would be on the Rockets broadcast last night. Jeff Hagadorn usually has some entertaining stories with some of the players. Instead I was surprised to see a story on the freakin' MASTERS TENNIS match coming to Houston.

Uh, excuse me...shouldn't the story running during the halftime of a basketball game, I dunno, have something to do with, let's see....BASKeTBALL?!?!

A few weeks ago we were treated to a tour of GALLERY FREAKIN' FURNITURE! Ok, I get the fact that Mattress Mac is a player in this town and buys a lot of commercials during the Rockets broadcast but this is getting ridiculous.

What's next? A tour of the Southwest Airlines peanut factory?

Is this what we will have to look forward to with the Rockets network? C'mon, Rockets...you're better than that. Quit acting like some podunk small market and come up with something better.

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Get used to it. Gallery is going to buy the naming rights to the new bball center. Its name: The Mac Arena ;) :p

3. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol.....What's next? A tour of the Southwest Airlines peanut factory?

Yes. I agree. Those halftime shows are horrible. They're usually just interviews.....not live interviews. And then they tell us outdated scores.

ESPN...they just talk about all types of sports.

How about other teams in the NBA? What do their local TV stations who during halftime?

4. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

LMAO.

:D

5. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

"What's next? A tour of the Southwest Airlines peanut factory?" Free Agent said that... :)

6. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Remember when you say Jeff ordinarily has entertaining halftime stories that these same bits have to be funded...

7. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

A live performance of the Llano Estacado song :)

8. Band Geek Mobster

The only time I watch the halftime show is when it involves the Power Dancers...

[​IMG]

Love the new uniforms ladies...

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Wow, those two are hotties.

10. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Both gals are hot but the one on the left is tiny. I've seen her at games and she must shop for clothes in the kids section.

I understand that but that doesn't mean they should have a entire segment devoted to giving Mac a bj.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I know that power dancers are supposed to be thin, but get that chick on the left a couple of T-bones!

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

THe least that Gallery Furniture and'MAC' have to do with the Rockets the better. Lets get an association with a class act. The Rockets are leaving Westside Training Facility to have their own away from 'Save you Money ' Mac.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What has Mac done to be labeled not a class act? His gimmick? He's a self made millionaire who is active in the community.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

"FAN ON THE STREET"

i still lobby for the position!

15. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I thank God every day that Yao has not appeared in a Gallery Furniture commercial.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

In my opinion, Mac is a good business man, but he made his fortune taking advantage of poor people. I'm not saying he's bad, cause he was filling a market need, and there are other people like him...he just did it the best (which also means he takes more money from more people).

I can elaborate on my theory if anyone cares, but for now, I'll leave it at that.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Smokey if you ever had to deal with or work for him you would understand the under lying meaning of my comment. This is not the place for a character destruction, so I will leave it at that.

18. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

True. Hey Chance, put in a request for them to do a story on PullTab. How the group got together, how you come up with some of these songs... how the Compaq Center thought your group name was CUTE!

lmfao. No offense Chance!