1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sick and Tired.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dreamshake, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Im am soooooooooooooo sick of the tired and overused conception of:

"If your not down with the President and this war then your antiamerican" blah blah blah.

Im not one to bend over and kiss the presidents ass because now were in a (cough cough) war. He was doing a crappy job, before, during and Im sure after the war. Nuff said. No, there is no arguing this fact folks....crappy job. Before you start screaming lefty this and lefty that. Sorry, Im not a democrat....nor republican. Im a "do the best job"ican.

Ill support the crap out of those soldiers out there for all the risks they take everyday. I am a veteran and respect what they do out there.

But I will not pretend that a coward, hypocrite who got favors by getting into the Air guard immediately after his free pass from school was about to run out. Oh yeah, Vietnam was about to call his name. Yes, hes a coward. Just like Clinton before him.

He had his chance to do what hes asking of these kids, and ran away like a coward. Not only did he run away, he shouldnt of even made it into the Air guard. His score was the lowest possible accepted score, and there was an immense waiting list, with many, more qualified people ahead of him on the list.

And by the way.....damn it....quite using the freaking word regime Bush administration. We get the damn point. Yes hes evil, ok. It doesnt solidify world opinion anymore.

And is it really a coalition? Not, please stop using that term too. 2 countries and some wanna be supporters out of hundreds that have condemned you does not a coalition make.

All I got to say is, what happens if Iraq never uses chemical weapons? That would make two wars, and one dethrowning. At what point (if they dont use them) was I to believe that they were going to use them on me and my family? Ahh thats right, according to Bush and Powell they were a part of 9-11. OOPs no, thats not right, they were busted lying to the people about that one. Which leads me to: Quit using 9-11 as a reason to support Bush's war with Iraq. The FBI already has said ummmmmmm no, and Newsweek already busted their lies.

NOTE TO THE HARD LINERS.....Makes no difference what party he is a part of. Hes a coward, hypocrite, bullsh!tter. Operation Iraqui freedom my ass. Call it what it really is at least. Operation kill Saddam at all costs. Then I might actually respect the operation.

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I wish you posted more, I like your style.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I like your style too.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

I like the fact that you dont give a **** about what others think about your comments.

I do in fact agree with most of what you said. Ive never been a big Bush fan simply because everyone else asumes that you are supposed to like him because he is our president, stood proud during 9/11, and sent our troops to Iraq for a war we are supposed to support.

One girl recently came up to me at a bar (surprise, surprise) and asked if I was a democrat or a republican.

My response: "What the f#ck kind of question is that? So you are basically setting me up to be judged by you and your friends. If you want to talk about the issues, lets talk about the issues. I voted for Jimi Hendrix if that helps clarify your question."

Needless to say she had this shocked look on her face.

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

So Jimi got 2 votes that I know of;)

6. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

And you wonder why you can't meet women.....:p ;)

Right on, Dreamshake. Excellent post.

7. Oski2005

Was she hot? I would lie. I'd be "yeah girl, screw those liberal hippies. Let's have premarital sex." Then in my mind I'd be saying "this is a one hit it quit it."

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Drewdog, what is the problem? Life is difficult enough with out going out with a Republican girl. :)

9. Oski2005

Not true, those chicks are so repressed, they just have so much pent up wild girl ready to come screaming out.

10. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I agree. :)

I'm not sick and tired...I'm more sick and tired of school.

But not supporting war is not anti-American.

Then the whole world would be anti-American.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think it would be interesting if we could see how all other presidents would have handled 9/11. I think that would be a good indication of the best president of all time. (I personally dont think it's Bush. I think bush would be about 20 or so.)

12. Possum

Possum Member

And the people that believe this is a just and necessary war are tired of hearing ignorant protesters claim things like; “It’s all a big conspiracy” and “we just want their oil” and “this war is all about Bush’s personal agenda” and “we just want to rule the world”.

I'm not a Democrat or Republican either. I vote for the candidate that IMO will do what’s best for our country. I don’t care about their personal lives, whether they received favors to get where they’re at or whether some intern blew them. People make mistakes and get favors shown to them in all walks of life. I’m sure you have bones in your closet. Does that mean that everything you do is wrong?

Hundreds? Please.

Are you saying he didn’t deserve to be dethroned if he doesn’t use chemical weapons?

I guess you are unaware of a couple of things. Every since we booted his sorry a$$ army out of Kuwait Sadom has been on an anti American tirade. Not only preaching to his people that it’s the USA’s fault they are suffering but having his soldiers train to be terrorist. He’s even offered money to the families of suicide bombers. So if you think he wouldn’t of eventually committed an act of terrorism against the United States is some form or another you’re not bright.

9/11 should still be on your mind whether Sadom had anything to do with it or not because he has, well I should say had the capabilities and motive to accomplish such an act before this war.

Operation kill Saddam sounds good to me.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Last I heard there were about 40 or so countries that have at least verbally admitted to supporting us. Im guessing about half of those said countries would be willing to give us troops should we need them. So, yes, I'd say it is a coalition.:rolleyes:

14. Dreamshake

Operation kill Saddam sounds good to me. [/B][/QUOTE]

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Some people have suprisingly low standards for style.

16. Possum

Possum Member

Did I say you say you are the one making those claims? No, Just as you pointed out what the anti war people are tired of hearing I in turn pointed out what the people that think this war is justified are tired of hearing. I never put any words in your mouth. As far as me thinking the US tries to influence the world, of course I do. We are a world power and yes we try to influence the world to make it a better place.

I was pointing out your exaggeration. You said hundreds as in 2 hundred or more when actually there is only 192 countries in the whole world.

So know you are comparing our great country to the evil regime of Iraq. Your true colors are really shining through.

If they are training soldiers to be terrorist and committing crimes against humanity and pose a threat to our national security then hell yes. After were done in Iraq and the people see we are not there to control an Arab country yes I believe the anti American Sinicism among Arab people will die down with the threat of terrorism with it. Is it going to be easy? NO! No task this big is going to be easy. That’s something people like you don’t seem to understand.

This war doesn’t need 9/11 to justify it. You seem to be the only one in this debate to think it does and please give me your grandmothers name and address so I can give it to the FBI.

I think it’s obvious by the previous statements you have allowed your personal feelings (hatred) for Bush to dictate your stance on this war. In other words you have put your personal agenda in front of your patriotic responsibilities and that is why you are an un-American self-serving hypocrite. No, there is no arguing this fact folks....

17. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

In other words she was seeing if you worked for your money or were family wealthy. Got to love Houston b*tches.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Damn, I forgot to say great post Dreamshake. Don't let the posters with blinders on get to you.

19. Dreamshake

LOL......OMG

Ok, sure your not a republican.

Only a republican would threaten "the ability to do possibly, maybe, someday, if hell froze over do something to me" as something that warranted FBI investigation.

No once again you put words in my mouth. Either use some common sense, or quit arguing you silly points. Im not comparing our country with the (Ha Ha Ha Ha even you had to use the word) "Regime" of Sadamm. But dont be hypocritical and claim that we dont have a history of using WMD ourselves. If we must stop someone from possibly using them, how would we police ourselves when we have used them.

As for my true colors.....I served in the Army, my dad the Marines, my grandfather in the Army, my great grandfather in the Marines. Dont lecture me like im one of those sissy demonstrators who cant take it when people question their heritage. My colors dont reflect weather or not I support a terrible presdent. They remain just the way they are regardles of what phoney is in office.

As for Isreal....is not fact that their soldiers have killed their own people....nuff said. They also have WMD. So all in all, if they choose to hate the US tomorrow, they can hurt us. MUCH MUCH MUCH more so than Iraq ever in hundreds of years could of.

You may be right in that this war doesnt need 9-11 to justify it. Then quit freaking using it as an terrible justification to war with Iraq. Your the one who used it, not me. 9-11 has about as much to do with this war on Iraq as my evil grandmother. Bush tried to tie 9-11 to the war in a means to swing approval his way. He and Colin Powell were busted in out right lies. Nothing more to the story.

And to me, your an idiot who falls for every bit of Bushs' propaganda machine. You admitedly wanted to use 9-11 as a crutch, and quickly changed your tune later. If Im unamerican for questioning the powers that be, then Every freedom fighter who questioned the powers that be when we founded this country was a traitor too. Dont ever question my patriotism. Unlike you, I believe you have a right to your opinion regardless of how moronic it is. Doesnt make you unamerican, unpatriotic or whatever as every republican would claim. Funny how we say that 70 percent of america is behind this war. Guys, thats a terribly low figure. Bush Sr had a 90 percent approval rating. And the world behind him. I love how those who question exactly how terrible a president is under the Bush admin suddenly becomes a "terrorist" supporter. Like those who buy SUV's....lol. If I dont go out and buy an econobox car, and lots of duct tape, I guess Im unamerican. LOL.

20. Dreamshake

Lastly......

Remind me once again why I should agree with Bushs "need to use our sons and daughter in a war where they may die" when he couldnt muster the balls to POSSIBLY of been drafted to fight himself? So if we all follow in the footsteps of our President, no one would be fighting this war. Wed all be faking our loyalty to this country in the Air guard.

Actually, this will be my last post.

If Bush wanted to be the protector of the world, why not go after N Korea. They actually have the ability to strike the US, and are breaking treaties also. They treat their people terribly too.

Why is N Korea a "territory problem".......no, HOW is N Korea a territory problem yet Iraq isnt? Maybe because N Korea actually has an ability to do something drastic (and has claimed to be willing to do so if we invaded). You cry about the 12 year history of WMD, inhumane treatment of people. Try over 50 years of it in N Korea. Plain and simple.....they are a territory problem because Bush doesnt want to touch N Korea and their threats to strike hard with a 10 foot pole. Wouldn't be easy enough.

My gripe with you freedom FRYers are that if this were Clinton, youd be crying about it. To me, if this were Clinto, Id have just as much beef with him. Stuff that in your Freedom Fries.