1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's time to bring back Patrick Patterson!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by splendidchen, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I know this thought makes you happy. But I actually think PPat is a great fit with Howard and would welcome the prospect if it didn't involve giveing up Lin or Asik. Which means we would have to do a SNT fro Tjones or Snt with LA to get our MLE back. If that happens than PPat is on the radar.

2. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I'm ALL for getting PPat & keeping Asik. PPat is like a top 3 starter-caliber stretch 4 in the league IMO. I don't know what kind of deal would have to be done, but it would have to be more than TJones & the other guy proposed, I would think.

3. GIGO

GIGO Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Who is the one person that's waiting for you?</p>&mdash; Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt) <a href="https://twitter.com/pdpatt/statuses/353707751295303680">July 7, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Avako1989

Avako1989 New Member

Dwight & Patterson?

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nimiaucd7Ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If you think pat sucks then you are not even worth having a conversation with. He was our best post defender and a great passer.I know you only started watching this team when lin came, but atleast do some research.

7. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

You know I was thinking about this today after we lost the josh smith oppurtunity. I believe it can have some serious legs depending on how much PPat wants to get paid to be on a legit contender. He would be valuable as a pick and pop threat because anyone who has watched the rockets over the past few years he is money at the 15 to 18 foot range. Last year he showed he has the skill set to become a stretch 4 by adding a 3 point shot to his game. He has a nice NBA body. Comes from a championship school (Kentucky). Can defend well in the post. Just needs the to crash the glass better. Other than that I welcome the idea bringing him back for the right price!

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am a PatPat fan but Patterson himself would give his Kentucky bro Terrence a chance.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

PatPat would be good next to Howard, but I don't see him coming back anytime soon. Unless he is willing to sign for the vet's minimum.

The guy I would really like to get back is Battier. I know he is old and washed up, but he would be a perfect veteran to help lead the team and play backup at the SF/PF positions.

10. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

Not going to happen.

The masterpiece which will be the finishing touches going into the next season is about complete. Just a few strokes of the brush and a signature and we are locked and loaded!

11. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Terrence Jones has a lot of potential imo, but I wouldn't mind one of Jones or D-Mo, Ohlbrecht and a 2nd rounder for Patterson back. He might not be the best rebounder but he was improving while here and his mid-range jumper is absolute money.

12. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

The Kings have a silly surplus of PFs as is, they might as well take the punt in hoping that Jones or D-Mo can grow to be a star caliber player and they get a potentially capable back-up PF/C in Ohlbrecht as well as a 2nd rounder for their troubles. 2Pat is a known quantity and that star they need he is not.

13. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

We don't need a PPat comeback. Give credit to Terrence Jones to become a good PF who knows scoring, rebounding and blocking.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Time to bring back Carl Landry.

Oh, wait, he went back to Sacramento. How'd that happen?

15. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Cleverly disguise "I'm in love with PPAT Thread"

16. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

how many pfs can have a game where they get 19 points...and only one rebound? the kind of pfs who cant rebound for sht

he's a good defender and has that jumper. he was our best pf by default but im glad he's gone. he'd hinder the young pfs growth by playing backup pf if we got someone else to start.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

You gave me a good laugh, thanks I needed that.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

19. trowa2

trowa2 Member

my thought exactly.

20. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Rather let Jones / Smith / Motiejunas get minutes cause we have no reason to rehash now since we got Howard here.......IMO i think Jones can turn into a Lamar Odom type player (even though I do not like comparing players). Odom had a great career looking at stats and game play