1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Ah yes, when all else fails, "play the race card!" :rolleyes:

YOU read race into it, where in my post did I say ANYTHING about race?

2. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Yeah your right. That dude is not asian. That dude is you, right?:confused:

1 person likes this.
  3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I had enough of you . not going to play games anymore . go post as much as you want and dig yourself further down. sorry i am not coming along with you.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/b****-please.gif

1 person likes this.
  4. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

You play the race card for the umpteenth time, and then blow it off like nothing happened. :rolleyes:

5. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Haha, good one...Lin being back up for Beverley ...LOL

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

start Harden/Lin....those are 2 guys that can pick and roll with Dwight. Add more threats and variety. THen bring in Bev to rest Lin...roll with Bev/Harden for a bit.........then take HArden out for rest, let Lin/Bev play together, they seemed to have some good chemsitry together last year.

7. megadon

megadon Member

It's his CHristianity that irks people. His twitter and Official site are a bit bible thumping. So people will attack his basketball game, his contract, his hair color, his shoe choice to attack him.

Then, there are people who just don't like him because he's chinese/Tawanese.

8. megadon

megadon Member

You kind of lost people with your rebuttal. Teague isn't Jeremy Lin. He proved it in head to head matchups last year. Jeremy certainly isn't Rondo or the elite PG's yet. We will see if McHale allows Jeremy to be the floor general. I doubt it, since I know McHale dislikes Lin.

9. LoLin

LoLin Member

It depends on if McHale will stop running Harden to the ground. He needs to reduce Harden's minutes a bit so he won't get exhausted towards the end of the season.

10. RocketPowerNick

I think it's clear (like Jeff Van Gundy said on SC last night) that people/some Rox fans unnecessarily pick on Lin for whatever reason (race, religion, etc..). No use in arguing with them.

Please do not feed the LOH trolls.

11. megadon

megadon Member

I've never seen someone celebrate someone who's not an Ass you know what, is a team player and is an asset to the Rockets that vehemently. It's pretty perverted to be honest with you to desire to kick Lin out as much as desire to Have D12 in. I think some of these people have agendas.

12. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

C'mon, just say it!

LOF's: "MC-FAi.. Mc-FAI-!!!"

You guys know you want to.

13. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

The sad part is that it happens in a Rockets fan circle not among casual people.

14. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Who's playing the "race card"? The people who say that only Asians support Lin, or the people who complain about that label?

15. megadon

megadon Member

Your arguments are kind of disconnected for sure. It's like you want to throw verbal darts at Lin but keep on missing badly.

You accuse him of hiding flaws in Lin's game like TOs. He averaged 2.9 TOs per game. If you think that is bad, then you either are a moron, or you are out to get Lin no matter what. There is something else going on with your attacks to Lin.

Bumping up Lin's stats, is kind of a vague attack. If you would like to point out why Lin is not a valuable member of the ROckets fine. Please provide details. What that guy brought up were stats in games where Lin faced Teague. And He proved that Lin is a better baller than Teague. That's it. He didn't say that Lin is better than CP3, or ROndo.

16. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

people who say that only Asians support Lin = Roxlove

17. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Find one place where I actually said that, and I will immediately donate 50$ to the tip jar.

18. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

May I save that to my signature, IJholmes?:grin:

19. hustle_town

hustle_town Rookie

I don't know what ABJ means, my point is about the VOR of Lin. Like I said, Lin is the best pg option the Rockets have in terms of talent, intangibles, etc. plus his room for growth is huge.

But Lin earned his contract due to his ability to score, drive, play clutch O, leadership, etc. with Howard and Harden being the focal points, Lin will probably have a diminished role offensively. Doesn't make sense when Bev can do what Lin will be doing all year, which is passing to Harden, and playing tough perimeter D for much much less.

In terms of where to invest that money? FA 2014. DM probably won't make a huge splash this year (unless lma or love or even a boozer) comes available. He'll likely see what hole's they have with the current roster going into 2014-15 and use the cap space then or this midseason to plug the weaknesses.

I will say this though, the Rockets cut Lin once and got burned, if they cut him again...will they get burned? Lin has the uncanny tendency to put his detractors in their place. Clutchfans Lin haters included.

20. recboil

recboil Member

haha...it's ironic b/c the expression is, "not the sharpest tool in the shed" not brightest.