1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones or Motiejunas as our starting 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chucky Brown, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Chucky Brown

Chucky Brown New Member

What you got and why? I realize that Houston will play small a lot and have Parson at the 4 a lot but in a traditional lineup who starts at PF and why?

2. coffeelover665

has got to be d-mo with D12 starting.

3. coffeelover665

I just really wish D-Mo work on his 3 points though, Miami is going to double up on Harden/D12 in games 4 and 5 and will leave D-mo open all day.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Whoever plays better. Honestly. It's not about fit with the two of them, we don't have that luxury yet. It's whoever starts playing like an NBA player.

In a perfect world where they both pan out, probably the one who has the better stroke from range.

5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Maybe TJ better defensive & rebound than D-Mo

6. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Go D-Mo!

7. Beebo1911

Beebo1911 Member

T.Jones easily ?....DMo isn't the shooter y'all think he is

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The question is: will DMo be strong enough to hold his ground and will the game have slowed down for him and will he be a better 3pt Shooter. If all of These question can be answerd with yes ist has to be him. He has the size, the quickness, the Post moves and he should be able to be a good 3pt shooter.

Jones had a much higher ground and a lower ceiling. So if DMo doesn't turn out the way we want, he should be able to provide good minutes.

9. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Greg Smith?

10. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I know dmo's bulked up. Anyone got any intel on his game now? Love his game if he could just keep his positioning and not fall over all the time.

11. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If T.Jones work on his 3 and get consistent at it, i can see him replace Dmo because he has the ability to drive and attack the basket as well...something TMo doesn't have.

12. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

T. Jones( unless we get somebody else)

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Based on how they played last year -- neither. Omer. Parsons. Garcia. Heck, Bev.

But, they are both going to get better thankfully. DMo is bulking up, and if he gets that corner three down, he could be a deadly good fit on this team. If he can also establish position, rebound, not turn it over and still run the floor even 3/4's as good as he did last year, then he would be the perfect player for this team. He is a great passer, very skilled -- I actually love DMo as a player.

TJones could be a great fit to if he plays more disciplined and starts knocking down his outside shots consistently.

However, with a team as great as the Rockets have, you can't let any position be manned by two players this unproven. If Asik and Howard can not play together then Asik must be traded for a starting 4.

14. NotChandlerParsons

We'll be able to watch him play in September for his team. EuroBasket 2013.

15. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

We are good... Give this team a chance before we make changes.

16. BongDong

BongDong Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ui5qthxTVvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Catch me if you can.

17. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I forgot which Rocket management type said it, but IIRC that official said D-Mo had bulked up properly to 259 pounds. D-Mo's height and added weight would give him an advantage over T-Jo.

18. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Terrence Jones. D-mo can add size coming off the bench when Dwight needs a rest.

19. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I believe in T.Jones, who was arguable our best rookie last year, have no idea why he didn't get the playing time he deserved, but when he got the minutes he always produced.. he should have a big year next season

20. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I just pictured the JOKER breaking the pool stick..... Saying there is a spot open
    (I don't know how to photo shop)