1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik for Ryan Anderson trade being discussed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fallenphoenix, Jul 5, 2013.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think the Rockets were ALWAYS open to keeping them. What new here?

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is whats great about signing Dwight outright.....we don't have to do anything. At some point leading up to or during the season, a GM that needs a PG or Center will crack and Morey will be right there waiting. Lins stats will be better since he's feeding Dwight instead of Asik, and Asiks value as one of the top defensive centers isnt going to drop.

We have all the leverage.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be honest I would love to have both Anderson AND Asik. That would be perfect. Wonder if Pelicans have any interest in Lin and/or any of our prospects/picks/Eurostashes? Asik could get minutes off the bench backing both p, ositions (but mostly the 5). Our problems at the 4 would be fixed. We'd need to use our MLE on a point guard and the minimum on a guy like Garcia if we gave up more Lin, of course, but that sounds doable.

4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

offer them all the first round picks. Morey isn't that great at using them anyway, and they will be the worst ones of all (end of the first round). Ask for second rounders in exchange. Asik + first rounders in 2015 and 2017 for Anderson and 2nd rounder.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Geezus. Thank God for that.

Morey's been saying it for the last two interviews. I bet he got p***** off and called Berger himself.

I don't know why people need to believe breaking news when the source (Daryl Morey) has been saying it all along.

No more major trades. Just Minimum Contracts and our Room Exception to round out the roster.

Lin
    Harden
    Parsons
    Howard
    Asik

Bring on the TWIN TOWERS!

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Is this not happening? I've been saying Omer for him or Omer for Illayasova makes too much sense.

Who the hell is going to be our starting 4? Tjones?

7. SunsRocketsfan

Looks good on paper but we would have the worst shooting starting lineup in the league

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dwight/Asik
    DMo/jones/smith
    Parsons/Anderson
    Harden/room exception player (hopefully a shooter)
    Lin/Beverly/Cannon

= exciting team!

X factor is if we bring over the Greek sharp-shooting SF we just got from Portland. No idea where we'd find the cap room though.

9. haydenfisher342

I like this idea, Pelicans have this laughable idea that Anderson is way above Asik. I would change it to a 3 team trade.

Houston in - Anderson from Pelicans
    Jeff Teague from ATL (Sign and Trade)
    2nd rounder from ATL
    2nd rounder from Pelicans

Atlanta in - JLin from Htown
    TJones from Htown
    2015 First Round Pick from Htown

Pelicans in - Asik from Htown
    2017 First Round Pick from Htown

10. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not unlike what happened with Gortat a few years back. The Magic knew that the most he would get was a full MLE offer and were prepared to match it because his value was greater than that. So they matched the offer sheet and waited for someone to approach them with an offer they liked. The Rockets now have that luxury. They can wait for the right opportunity.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Asik would prob come off bench.

12. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

You guys are gona learn about trusting these so called sources....these beat writers and pundants are all full of hippie ****....some of you put too much stock in what they are guessing.

13. xakle

xakle New Member

Having a stretch 4 is very valuable especially when you have a number of guards that are great at attacking the rim.

Ryan Anderson's value gets overlooked because people see he shoots 42% from the field, but overlook that half his shots are from behind the 3 pt line (557 3 pters vs 558 inside the line). He's a career 47.4% shooter from inside the 3 pt line, and many of those include long 2s.

They also overlook him because 38% from 3 isn't that special. But it is when you're a 6'10" PF. You can't put a guard on him because he'll shoot over you or post you up since he's developed a nice post game.

As for Asik... his value will drop this year if he stays with Houston and gets less playing time. He'll also be closer to being on an expiring contract. Asik is the one that wants to leave Houston, not Anderson leaving New Orleans. if this trade were to happen, it would be Houston that would have to give up more.

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

No! Get rid of them lol!! At least lin for a better pg

15. rocket3forlife2

My honest opinion. ..we need players who are aggressive and can take the ball to the hole...strong! With that said, we will need somw shooters too...dont pass up on josh

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Really not feeling Asik alongside Howard. And I don't want to disrespect the man by having him off the bench.

Unless Motiejunas or Jones somehow become MIP candidates over the summer, Id feel more comfy if we got someone like Smoove or Arsenal.

17. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

It's going to be Jones/DMO/Greg Smith at the 4, guys. Asik will play backup C.

18. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Asik did not sign on to be a bench player again. I seriously doubt he's ok with that. Either he's playing alongside Howard, or he will be traded.

He deserves to start, whether with us or wih ATL/NO

19. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Motiejunas fit the Rockets perfectly. Playing with Howard will help him be more free. This dude seems to have everything the Rockets need...size, shooting touch all the way to 3, rebound, ability to drive too. I mean he has EXACTLY what the Rockets need and he just need to grow and be better. Last year was just his first year. So i am satisfied w/ either him or Jones at the 4 and let them develop. The Rockets however, need to resign some of their shooters that they let go and they're set for next season imo.

20. pnr

pnr Member

I dont understand why we dont want to keep both asik and lin. Both are still youg and have room to improve. Chemistry matters for a team and those 2 were vital to our success as a team last season of which we made the playoffs in the first year together. That speaks to how much the potential of the team is. I think trading both wouldnt necessarily upgrade the team.