1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieCrossover, Jul 6, 2013.

Tags:
?

Are you going to switch to Comcast?

1. Yes

8.8%
  2. No

51.5%
  3. Already have Comcast

27.9%
  4. Maybe

11.8%
  1. StevieCrossover

Now that we have Howard, who will now switch to Comcast? I was reluctant last year but may reconsider making the switch as long as the price is reasonable. Who's all in for the switch?

2. chandlerbang21

already got it and hoping that CSN gets a deal done for the rest of the city

3. Granville

Granville Member

Everyone switching isnt the answer. The answer is for everyone who doesnt have Comcast to put pressure on their provider to carry the channel.

4. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Still not going to put pressure on my provider, its up to Rockets/Astros and Comcast to get deal done. I wouldn't be surprised if they raised their prices to the providers after getting Dwight.

5. Manos

Manos Member

I'm not switching my provider just b/c the Astros can't get their **** together. It's time for the Rockets to put some pressure on CSN and the Stros to get the deal done. I just don't understand how the WORST baseball team in the league can hold up a deal over money, when they are providing the crappiest product there is. How do they hold that kind of leverage? If they cannot come to an agreement, then the Rockets need to file a lawsuit to get out of the CSN contract and either go back to FSW or Channel 20, 30, 52 or whatever....

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Oh the good old days when games used to be on channel 20/39/51

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It felt good watching the Howard news on CSN last night :cool:

8. MONON

MONON Member

There'll be plenty of games on national tv that comass can't black out!:grin:

9. chandlerbang21

rockets will have many TNT and ESPN games this year and some ABC sunday games. CANT WAIT

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ain't no way. Had them before and will never go back.

11. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Its not a matter of switching, they do not provide service in my area :mad:

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Where's the Hell no option?

13. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I almost switched a few months ago but I couldn't give up my Sunday ticket. I think they'll get a deal done before the season starts though.

14. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

What is the deal with all the CSN mess anyway? I have Comcast, have not been affected, and really didn't care. Is Comcast attempting to charge too much, or are the other networks just not wanting to pay the market value? Is the TV money not vital to the organizations(especially the Stros with baseball's completely self destructive and unbalanced system) to remain competitive with other teams? ie. it is easier for the Lakers and Knicks to pay the lux tax because their owner has a larger pool of revenue to begin with from TV deals. I'm sure that the Astros atrocious situation and the Rockets mediocre product the past few years has a lot to do with it. What gives?

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Can't. If i could i would.

16. Ultimate6thMan

There is absolutely NO WAY I miss a Rockets game this year if at all humanly possible.

17. NotChandlerParsons

It's funny that the ownership is Comcast > Astros > Rockets but the actual value provided is Rockets > Astros/Comcast who gives a ****.