1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Who did Lebron guard in the finals?

And again who lead Miami in assists this year, a stat PG's are usually prolific in?

2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

These folks got freaked out when they saw the number of votes lin got for the allstar team. It's a natural reaction, when you realize that he's market could distort the game.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Which is what it looked like the Rockets were trying to do with Harden.

You can argue all day if its the right thing to do, but it is what it appears they tried to do. Which is just another reason why I can see why they MIGHT consider moving Lin.

Not saying that's how they will continue to do it or that Harden does it even close to as successfully as Lebron just throwing it out there.

4. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

For some reason, DH doesn't like to do PnR. Nash was a better PnR guy than Lin, and DH was not effective running it.

I think it is all mental. DH has the athletic attribute to be a great PnR finisher. But I think he preferred back to the basketball inside play (even though he is not that good at it).

DH needs a 3 point sharp shooting point guard.

5. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Meh, I think he goes nowhere so support instead, your team just made a major upgrade, one that few teams have made, enjoy it

6. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

IMO ROX will move Lin when a better trade comes. Now what Rox thinking is only DH and Harden, any Rox players can be traded if needed. doesn't matter Rox fans like it or not?

7. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

ehhh, Rafer didn't shoot the 3 that good when they went to the finals, you need it more on the wings

8. The Stig

The Stig Member

I really think Lin can be a surprise this coming season. Lin finally has a season under his belt, worked on those 3's in the off season, and has finally have a center who's got good hands in Howard. Shades of the Lin/Tyson Chandler combo should be there this season.

Other surprise package I think is Canaan and Motiejunas (should they get playing time)

9. langal

langal Contributing Member

ABJ means anybody. Steve Blake, Ramon Sessions, Matt Maloney's wife ... anybody!

And they accuse others of not being "real" fans. I sometimes wonder if there is a racial element to the hate. There was a sizable minority of fans here that were outraged when Yao made the All-Star game.

10. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

If Jlin stays, he will make sure that DH gets the ball the way he likes it. :cool:

11. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

the little rolly eyes thingy is what we call sarcasm

12. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

seriously? last time I checked he plays forward...i mean just because chandler parsons guards kevin durant doesn't make him a guard.

13. ERC

ERC Member

I dunno. Wouldn't that be a lot of burden on Harden? After all, LeBron has Wade and Chalmers to share playmaking if necessary. Besides, no knock on Harden, but LeBron handles double-team way better than Harden does. I mean, Harden could barely handle Tony Allen's defense.

Not saying they will not move Lin (we all know anything is possible with Morey), but unless you play to play Harden/Beverley 48 minutes a game, we need a secondary playmaker even if just for depth.

14. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

No one will take Lin with his contract. No that I think Lin will tank. As matter of fact, I think Lin will improve and average 17/8. One reason is with the addition of DH, McHale have no excuse to play iso Harden anymore. My reason for no GM will take Lin is the job security for the GMs themself, what if they take Lin with his contract and Lin regress....no GM will take that chance.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

If Jlin cannot play with Dwight Howard then there is no hope.

16. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

This...

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

what? 17/8 is certainly worth 5 mill this year. and as far as 15 mill next year, it's an expiring contract, Teams love it! Freaking Golden State just turn Biedrins and Jefferson into Andre Iguodala!

18. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

nothing to indicate that he can't. He did fine with Chandler and Asik who have inferior offensive games compared to Dwight.

The question is can Harden play with Dwight, without Dwight feeling like he's not getting enough touches.

19. dwood21

dwood21 Member

I wonder if the Rockets really are seriously pursuing Rondo

20. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Rafer was a bad player all around. He was a good street baller though.

But Jameer Nelson (the true starter) was real good that year. He shot 50% FG% and 45% 3P%. Exactly the kind point guard you want to pair with Dwight.