1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OFFICIAL: Rockets land Dwight Howard!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 5, 2013.

1. Fantasma Negro

Its only half empty on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the rest of the week its packed. Shouldn't be too much of a problem anymore now that we'll a crapload of national games. I'm anticipating our Christmas day game, vs the heat at home would be nice

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

If the Rox don't have that lower bowl filled with bodies next season, Les ought to move the franchise to Seattle.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

This is what i want to hear. Currently, we are in the bottom half of the western conference playoff teams with 2 centers and d-mo/jones starting at PF.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

We will remember this day when we win a championship.

6. AFS

AFS Member

It's something I thought about, but I don't think Harden is at the level Tmac was quite yet, nor is Dwight at the level Yao was. Hopefully, their health is much better though.

7. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

LOVE the new look on CF's Clutch. GREAT GOOD!!!

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey: "James Harden is the best player out there Dwight could join... We've got more draft picks, more free agent money, and more great young players for him to join than any other team."

9. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

FIXED!

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least as a closer. To prevent hack a Dwight! He can play the 4th quarter and then ice those feet down.

11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Did he just call Dwight "nothing" lol... :p

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

Also like to give a shout out to David Stern from vetoing our trade for Nene and Pau Gasol. This in turn ended up with acquiring James Harden. Dodged a bullet there.

Gave us the All-Star Game, where I think Dwight found us to be more appealing than initially. It also gave Parsons and Harden a chance to start recruitment which I think helped us a lot when the season ended.

Thank you David Stern. PS: You were also entertaining on draft night. Have a great retirement.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

In hindsight, Stern really screwed over the Lakers and his veto benefited the Rockets immensely. Ironic because Lakers are Stern's team lol.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

In other words: "Kobe you are too old."

15. Fantasma Negro

Laker Nation Yesterday "we want Dwight he'll never leave LA, nobody leaves LA"
    Laker Nation Today " We never wanted Dwight he's to soft we're better without him"........
    Lol smh sure you are with a injured Kobe, Old Nash, Unhappy Gasol and a horrible coach

16. IKant

IKant Member

I feel like a little kid

17. claydavis

claydavis Member

18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Wow, I drove from CO to TX and all hell broke lose today. Great day to be a Rox fan. So much potential, now Morey can build around 2 Stars. Huge accomplishment in 1.5 years for a GM to get this done. He also got rid of Royce "The Cancer" White. Now we just need to continue to be wise and build the team around Howard, Harden and Parsons.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do the rockets have all their 1st round draft picks or do they owe any for the future?

20. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member