1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin a goner?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 5, 2013.

1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

He had one full year, a guy who wasn't drafted, don't you think comparing him to James, Wade, and Durant is a little harsh?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Obviously some his fans are more than just a tad over zealous about the guy. Believe me I have no problems with him staying here so long as it isn't stopping us from making other necessary upgrades. Despite how these arguments I find myself into always seem, I do not hate Lin. I just feel like his fans overrate the hell out of him.

Hell I have already defended lin in the salary cap update thread a couple times from some idiot spouting nonsense about him. That's my thing, I don't hate any Rocket player, I just like fair and balanced perspective on what they bring to a team. Lin fans tend to not be so balanced on the positive side.

3. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Lin is perfect for DH. Did you see how Lin elevate Tyson Chandler? Imagine what Lin can do for DH. High PnR and alley opp all night baby!!

4. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Harden isoball is going get toned now that Dwight is in town. Good for everyone. Mchale rely on it too much, and only in the playoffs learn to not over use it.

5. Penetrate&Creat

I don't think Howard likes to utilize pnr. We'll see what happens, I'm excited for the season:D

Watch Lin's #s drop even further this season. Loh are gonna have so much fun

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

How has he "not showed up" playing alongside Harden??

If his 13/6 wasn't good enough for you, how about actually giving him the ball? You want him to do more but won't let him do more. News for everyone, Lin's assists might go up next season (might as Harden will continue to dominate the ball) but surely his points will go down...

7. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I really don't see a possible upgrade for you guys, The odd man out is going to be Asik, you don't want to be thin at the 1 in todays NBA

8. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Orlando ran a lot high pnr with Jameer and Dwight.

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

sorry ok i am chill now - you just hit a nerve when u mention tyson chanlder. look at my handle man. hahaha

10. kumakun

kumakun Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wR7n8SdBYr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Thought this was a great game beating OKC in OT. Lin really did step up that game dish out 29 on top of Harden's 46. It was like Batman and Robin, but I seriously think Harden needs someone like Lin to set the pace of the game and vice-versa.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You never know what can come up in the NBA. Trade opportunities come out of no where all the time. I do agree moving Asik will probably be best from a return in value and positional need standpoint.

12. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

Says the Miami Heat :rolleyes:

13. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Actually, that's probably the production Lin would need to show before he's considered not to be a scrub. He could average 15 & 8 on good percentages and help us win but if we don't win a championship, I guarantee Lin will get the blame and you will see a million "trade Lin" threads mostly by iq lacking idiots. Why is it so popular to hate on Lin? I just don't get it.

14. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

HUH? Lebron does all of the ball handling and facilitation on Miami

I'll ask again do you guys even watch basketball?

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

has there been any solid rumors that lin is being shopped anywhere specifically?

i've been staying away from this thread because i generally stay away from lin threads

16. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

*meant to say facilitating in my last post

17. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

He's just a very polarizing player, He reminds me of Donovan Mcnabb a little bit, people just love to hate him, but they keep their heads down going about their business

18. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

And who did Lebron guard in the finals?

And who lead Miami in assists?

19. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

and he is not a 1 numb nuts, yet it was said you need to be deep at the one, can you comprehend is the question

20. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

the little rolly eyes thingy is what we call sarcasm