1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Yup... Proves my previous point on how little respect they have for this Rockets team.

2. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

You are incorrect.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What? Curry is good but he's just a jumpshooter. The GSW won two more game than us last year with a lot more payroll.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe 2nd rounders. Not sure they'd give more than that.

Even with Bogut, Utah is a young team who may well be in the lottery while they give minutes to rookie Trey Burke and young guys Favors and Kanter. I don't think they are in a position to give up draft picks for a possible 1-year rental of Bogut.

Bogut is a nice player and all, but given his injury history, the contract status (may lose him after a season even if he proves healthy and useful) and Utah's own youth movement, I can see Utah wanting him, I can't see Utah wanting to give up substantial asset for him.

5. boiler

boiler Member

I don't think they need to leak the information, they will just tell that to Dwight straight up.

6. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Nobody on the Jazz is better than anything.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Still cannot take my mind off of this whole thing. I want to believe Doc Rocket but I don't want to fully invest myself. Hopefully it ends one way or another today.

8. cdastros

cdastros Member

Golden State has an Amnesty that they can use.

9. valorita

valorita Member

Lol what? Harden>curry and Parsons and Thompson are a wash. Both are very comparable but houston has better management and thr ability to get a third star

10. Rudy

Rudy Member

@BillSimmons 10m

Just a friendly reminder that Dwight Howard's prime was 3 years ago. Seems relevant.

I'm getting sick of this Dwightmare for the last 2 summers now.

It's obvious Houston is not his #1 choice. Golden State is.

He's waiting for Golden State to make it happen which is why GSW is moving mountains to get him.

Last year Dwight's camp was adamant about not wanting to come here because he didn't want to be living in Houston.

If we do get him, what's the over/under that he requests a trade to Brooklyn next summer or around the trade deadline like he did during his Orlando stint?

11. herro

herro Member

ROFL @ the Warriors competing without Thompson and Barnes

Dwight, just sign the paper. You need to come to Houston.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

I'm sorry but what is the infatuation with Bogut?

He had a good postseason, but his regular season (32 games) was terrible. He's 28 now, and his salary is $13.2 million. I just don't see the upside unless you're a team that needs one good defensive center.

The Jazz aren't that one team.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't know.

If I was to rank them, I'd go Harden > Curry > Thompson/Parsons > Parsons/Thompson.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

No they used it on Charlie Bell.

15. Peanut07

Peanut07 Member

No they don't.

16. basketballholic

The essence of all this is simply:

Dwight can choose between having Steph Curry as his primary perimeter running mate or James Harden as his primary perimeter running mate. If Dwight wants GS and GS can find takers for Bogut and Lee, he can go there and the Lakers will accept a young player in a sign-and-trade.

So, it's really up to Dwight.

And, oh by the way....guess what....now we're down to the brass tax and we discover that the Lakers ARE open to a sign-and-trade after all. Like I said, you gotta see through all the bluster on these sort of things. If Dwight chooses Houston, it will be a lot easier for us to find a team to take on Lin for nothing then it will be for GS to find 2 teams to take on both Bogut and Lee for nothing.

And all of a sudden....looking more like Dwight is signed-and-traded instead of outright signing.

17. spankz141

spankz141 Member

I thought they used it on Charlie Bell??

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
    Leaving out durability uncertainty (for fun sake), is Howard, Curry, Klay core better than Howard, Harden, Parsons? Put Asik/Lin in as wish.

19. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Agree, it would make more sense to let Favors and Kanter grow than throwing Bogut into the lineup if they're truly trying to rebuild.

20. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man, aint that the truth. I still think Dwight ends up here -- but if he doesn't it would be kind of nice to be able to find a way to hate the Jazz even more because of it.

Well, to be fair, they have not made these moves...they are just lining them up. Morey has been lining a lot of moves up too -- we just don't know about them because he is better at controlling his front office and the information going in and out. I mean, I'm speculating, but I'm right so...whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.