1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Sorry man.. I'm a neutral fan Pau>Asik.. he's got so much more skill even at his age than Asik will ever have. He just has been playing out of position for a while now.

2. Raven

Raven Member

The future's so bright, Morey has to wear shades.

3. megadon

megadon Member

I think GS is actually the dark horse here. I think he Lakers are willing to lose the deal just so Dwight doesn't go to Houston. Lakers are ready to move forward with or without Dwight. They just want him to go to a team that's good but not championship calibur. GS is that team.

Curry
    Thompson
    Barnes
    BOgut?
    Howard

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

To be fair, wasn't it Cyberx (who appears to have some Fegan connection) who said days ago that DH intended to ask LA to agree to a S&T w/ GS, and threaten to come to Houston if they couldn't pull it off? My bad if I'm confusing him with someone else.

5. edo77

edo77 Contributing Member

Either way whether it is a signing or sign and trade it will still be a four year $88million contract. Only home team gets to offer a five year deal. Correct???? So with the state tax and smaller contract he is giving up a significant amount of money. Can someone confirm or am I wrong???

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

How much better would they be if you took away at least one of Thompson and barnes and switched Bogut for Dwight? Now, how much better would the rockets be if they added Dwight and traded Asik for josh smith?

Name the teams that are better. I count one that we match up really well with. That team is on the decline too.

Also, they beat an injury depleted Nuggets team. Big deal. Oh, they won two games against an old Spurs team. You expect that much from the second youngest team in the playoffs.

7. DH12HOUSTON

DH12HOUSTON Member

I'm sure Lakers would want Dwight to go to Houston rather than trading him to their division/in-state rival.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

July 4th. There will be more hatred from Lakers fans towards Howard, if he choose Warriors. Playing for M.Jackson who is a PG is different than playing for K.McHale, a PF/C. Playing with Curry/Thompson means getting less FG attempts for Dwight. Until Warriors truly dump those 3 players then I would wake up and smell the coffee.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So we're going to trade a young seven footer, the anchor of our defense, for a player who's near the end of his career? And I'm assuming that's if Howard doesn't sign here. No thanks.

10. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

You're correct.

11. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

I've been coming and checking this thread out lately because it reminds so much of the Lebron threads on the Knicks forum... Dwight ain't no Lebron... not even close.

You guys will be fine.. but for how much many of you have invested it's going to suck for a while.

I don't see Dwight make or breaking the Houston Rockets title aspirations. Sorry I just don't.

12. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

yep reminds me so much of the Lebron chase...they were a million different frontrunners in that chase and then seemingly out of the blue..Miami

13. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

Do you want to win a chip or no?

Solid complementary pieces around harden (Smith and Gasol)>>>Asik and Smith... by a mile. You need some skill players.. a guy that can facilitate out of the high and low post would do wonders for your team.. that's Pau.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then what do you suggest the Rockets should do instead?

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Exactly my point. Trading Asik for a guy in his mid-30's who has already played his best hoops...and who is owed $19 million this season? No thanks.

16. 757

757 Member

July 4th didn't stop him from tweeting about Tyreke Evans and Marco B (among others). If he had been told something, I'm sure he would have tweeted it, considering this is huge news.

17. megadon

megadon Member

You could be right. It all depends on what the Lakers want for Dwight. If D12 spurns the Lakers, there is going to be a bit of vindictiveness towards Dwight. I would sure think that GS is not quite the calibur of Houston if you compare both lineups with Dwight HOward.

GS:
    1. Curry
    2. Thompson
    3. Barnes
    4. Howard
    5. Bogut?

Rockets:
    1. Lin/Beverley
    2. Harden
    3. Parsons
    4. Howard
    5. Asik.

Trade factor is Josh Smith. and Houston is a very dangerous playoff team.

18. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

You sure.. I thought LA could he sign him for the most cheddar by 30 million? That's what he would get if it was a s&T with GS,.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You can sign Josh outright and add skill without getting rid of Asik and taking on a $19 million contract to a guy in his mid-30's

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't think there's any logically disputing the underlined. They support their boys, win or lose. I lost it and YELLED at Rockets "fans" who left the Toyota Center in droves when it became apparent we were beyond redemption in Game 6 of the OKC series. Like, really? We weren't even expected to be in playoff contention at the start of the season, here we are in Game 6 against the #1 seed, and you can't stay and applaud these guys? That ish made me SO MAD. [/rant]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.