1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Podcast] Howard on the clock, Lin/Asik on the block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2013.

1. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If Casper Ware tears it up in summer league, Courtney Fortson blows up in DLeague and Johnny Flynn fires it up in the Australian League, I say get rid of Lin, Beverley and Canaan and just play these three.

I mean, quality of competition isn't a big issue, right?

While we're at it, if Ohlbrecht tears it up in summer league, forget about Dwight and his $20M/yr contract and let's save cap space. In fact, if James Anderson has a good showing in Orlando, let's trade Harden back to OKC for Jeremy Lamd and Steve Adams, who with his own good showing in summer league would make Omer Asik expendable.

Josh Smith? Nah, Terrence Jones in Josh Smith-lite. Jones had a good summer league last year, as did DMo who can easily replace Dirk if the Macs trade us a first round pick.

1 person likes this.
  2. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Pragmatician - your thread was locked for a reason, and no, it really wasn't because there's a better place to put your post.

Clutch chooses his words wisely, like Morey did when answering the Lin/Asik trade question. You just couldn't pick up the hint.

And I have multiple sources confirming Clutch closed your thread due to the stupidity of your argument.

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Just perfect. Reasonable and logical arguments.

4. Pragmatician

Pragmatician Member

I joined this board to share my opinion about certain things. If you and others don't agree with them, it's your right, but don't start telling me I can't share my opinion just because other people don't feel the way I do.

5. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Yeah, and if Sue Bird tears it up in the WNBA, I'm sure she can be starting PG for the Houston Rockets too right? .... Dump Lin!

Sign a 5'9" WNBA player to a 4 year contract. The competition is more or less equal right ? Morey is a genius !!! :rolleyes:

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You're just getting the Canaan-only-Fan June 2013 join date treatment.

But yeah, the gist of the argument isn't Canaan is not good. See my post in the Draft Dish "with the 34th pick the Rockets Select" thread, I actually picked Canaan as one of the Rockets possible draft choices and I like him a lot.

But, no, a strong summer league doesn't even guarantee playing time (see almost every rookie on the Rockets summer league roster last year + Josh Selby if you want a PG example).

Just my two cents.

You'll wise up after a few more months here.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You post like Rafer Alston. I didn't selectively pick words... and yes, that's exactly why it was locked. We just don't need a thread based on a random opinion when that opinion is relevant to a handful of currently active threads. It's really that simple. Not everything involving Lin is that complicated.

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

T
    So you don't like Rafer Alston, meaning you don't like Lin? Or am I reading too much into things again?

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Hi Mike, what about Beverly .... no mention of him at all. is he invisible?

10. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Sorry that post just smells of a bait.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

why in the world did i read all these endless pages if you were going to just sum it up to perfection?

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely reading too much into things. I just don't like biased and compromised posters making idiotic and false claims.

13. verysimplejason

Atlanta won't do it without Asik.

14. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

didn't like the possible addition of Howard before this offseason. I'm a little hyped up now

15. recboil

recboil Member

in a number of games? sample size much? i like bev and the hustle he brings but his game is pretty one dimensional. he has water bug defense that's disruptive (and detrimental to your health, apparently) but that's about it. he doesn't have the court vision that lin has and doesn't orchestrate the offense nearly as well. he doesn't find the open man as easily and can't create his own shot and attack the basket like lin. i watched all 82 games and lin almost had successful down court paces to push the pace every game and a lot of great no lookers. bev doesn't have that in his arsenal. he's cheap but if we think we're a contending team with Dwight, why chance the pg position on bev who's yet to prove that he's a better starter than lin...morey's not that stupid either. lin's a proven pnr pg (whether or not dwight likes it even though he's the best at it) and he can push the pace. to jump at the conclusion that canaan could be a suitable backup to bev as a starter if he does well at SL is foolish. like someone else posted, Dmo and jones rocked it but that doesn't mean they should start. heck, even white looked pretty promising during SL. lin's started as a pg for about 1.5 seasons and had a decent season, especially when his knee was 100% after ASW.

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

HOOPSHYPE .com has Lin going to the Kings!! (Rumors). Anybody have more info on this??? Post here or make another thread..... Thanks bros.

17. kumakun

kumakun Member

lol Jeremy Lin tore it up in the SL beating #1 Pick John Wall.
    I realllyy hope they trade Lin to the Celtics, Brad Stevens is such a great team oriented coach that would love Lin and the intangibles he brings unlike McHale and his "iso Harden" playbook. I mean literally, if we were coached by like Phil Jackson last year, we'd be at least 6th, if not 5th seed but noo, McHale likes to overplay your superstar even when he's sick and has a bad ankle and can barely run, play him 40 minutes, and let him iso chuck shots 4th quarter.

18. hangandrew

hangandrew Member

Listening to it at work right now Thanks!!

19. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Pragmatician, go away. Your opinions are non-sensical.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I just checked it and there was no such news. plus the kings just got vasques from NO. They don't need lin. Unless it's a 3 way and Vasques is coming here.