1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Interview on July 2nd: Dwight, Lin, Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 2, 2013.

1. dje243

dje243 Member

Hellz yes

2. thekad

thekad Member

I thought it was odd that Daryl commented on a deal that hasn't been completed yet. He's usually more careful than that.

3. dje243

dje243 Member

Is there any way that DMO and Tjones won't get better playing against Asik and Dwight in practice? That has to factor into their development at least a little bit.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A BJ? I'll take it!

5. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Not to beat a dead horse here, but has anyone else besides hoopgod13 noticed that this was never said in the interview? OP may not need to be banned, but it seems many posters are responding to this as if it was actually said and going on tangents about it.

There is more than enough misinformation out there, no need to fuel it any further.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I listened to 790 this morning and heard the interview live. It was actually said.

7. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Oh okay. It's good to know someone heard it, because in the interview that's on the website, it isn't included. Oh well. Thanks for your confirmation!

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think someone else mentioned that link on their website doesn't have the full interview. It was definitely said.

9. JamesHarden

JamesHarden Member

Lin staying in Houston? THAT MADE MY DAY!!!

10. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yes. look up PhiSlamma's brilliant posts. He coined the term.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

He definitely is in cya mode right now. I have no doubt asik and lin was discussed and that morey was the initiator. Anyway, whatever. Dwights the type of guy whos gonna go with whoever talks to him last. Morey got cocky and started doing contingent trades already. Again im all for upgrading rosters but geez man, asik for smith? Really? Thats just making a move for the sake of making a move.

12. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I just took from his conversation that he was not looking to move, Or shopping lin and asik. But if the right deal comes along, they'll be gone. I like lin, but I'm a rockets fan, so if someone offers something that will better the team, he's gone.

13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Plz explain why Jeremy wasn't invited? Pass first PG and Asian market.

Why not trade TRob only after Dwight agreed to sign? We got future picks only anyways. What's the hurry?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

And this is hard labor. Time to do a C-section.

15. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I thought before the meeting and also after hearing Yao made the big China angle that Lin and Asik were part of the sales pitch and big selling points.

Morey said Howard likes likes that Lin can penetrate into the paint and pass (paraphrasing from the transcript). I'm thinking he's thinking Tyson Chandler during Linsanity except substitute dwight as a superman version of Tyson in that situation. Dwight must be salivating at the lob dunks off the PNR with Lin.

Morey also said Dwight was aware of the trade rumors (Asik, Lin).
    Morey said Dwight never asked about a third max player.

Could it be that Dwight said something like...

"you're not going to trade Lin and Asik for a third max player are you?" (as in no way).

It gets leaked as Dwight asked about a third max player.

I'm glad Morey got up at 5am to do this interview to quash the rumors about Asik and Lin. I think a lot of the false reports about trades involving Asik and Lin are being leaked by Dwight's agent Fegan in an attempt to sabotage him signing with Houston.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I find it kind of amusing that we believe all these sources that claim to have a smidge of knowledge regarding Morey and his angle on proceeds, yet when it comes straight from the horses mouth we're as skeptical as ever LOL..

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Lin wasn't invited because honestly, he is not that important, especially if Dwight wants to win a ring and is also asking for a 3rd star unless anyone outside his fans think Lin is actually star material. Dwight will get his money regardless of Lin and China. He will still most likely be beloved in China as well regardless of Jeremy Lin. What kind of connections or fame can Lin offer in Asia that Yao cannot one-up?

18. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Look can we stop getting all riled over potentially trading Lin/Asik? They're the only two substantial contracts with any real tradeability outside of Harden. Parsons and Beverley are both making less that $1m I think so there simply really isnt any fair value trade for them. Daryl is just doing his due diligence regardless to try and make this team a c'ship contender.

19. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I can just imagine the conversation between Dwight and Yao.

Dwight: So I was...

Yao: Yao.

Dwight: Um, so I was

Yao: Yaoo.

Dwight: But the..

Yao: Yaaao?

Dwight: But Jeremy and Harden dominat...

Yao: YAO!

Dwight: La

Yao: ROAOYaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaoaooa

Dwight: ...

Yao: ...

Dwight: ...

Yao: ...

Dwight: Fine I will sigh.

20. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Spelt 'sign' wrong. Shut up.