1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers, Bucks, & Suns agree to three-team deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 2, 2013.

1. Chamillionaire

Great deal for the Clips. MIL, what are they thinking?

I personally love Reddick's game. He's a lethal cold blooded shooter. When he's on the floor, he's a big time weapon. Can shoot from anywhere.
    Dudley's a solid rotational player. Is he going to start at SF for the clips?

2. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Really interesting trade yall.

The Suns are changing from the Nash era into the Marshall era. Moving Dudley is interesting to me, it may mean we stop seeing the fast paced small ball. I remember hearing Gortat was also on the trade block?

You might see an offer made to Bynum by Phoenix if they feel they have the wings to warrant that risk.

Morris Twins to the rescue?

The Clippers are going for it and no one is criticizing any of these roster moves and attempts so I want to see if the Clipper jinx is strong, or if they finally are making the proper moves.

3. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Why was a S&T necessary?

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

why? he hasnt proven much. led the clippers to a big losing streak after chris paul went. clippers got a good deal.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol and Morey got better second rounders for T-Rob.

6. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Seems to me that the Suns killed it on this deal.

Caron is expiring, so his contract is not terrible or onerous. Plus, he isn't a bad player -- definitely not a negative asset like Gerald Wallace. And they get Bledsoe for just Dudley and 2nd rounders? That is a steal.

I think the Clippers are making a mistake giving up Bledsoe for so little. Reddick is a good addition, and I like Dudley, but I don't think this trade improves their team at all (losing Bledsoe and Butler, getting Reddick and Dudley). So, basically, they trade away their best non-essential asset (Bledsoe) and a starter (Butler) and they don't clearly improve their team now or improve their cap situation for the future.

Can someone explain this deal to me from a Clip perspective and tell me how the Suns didn't just make out like bandits?

7. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

While Morey is wasting his time trying to chase Dwightmare, the other teams are making moves to upgrade their team all around, they are not focused on one player.

Clippers got a good shooter in Reddick, and Dudley who I think is better than Parsons, because he can post up.

8. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

I thought I was being savvy loving the Suns side of this deal and the Clippers side was the obvious one. Good to hear you agree that the Suns mad a good move.

Clippers want more shooters on the court to compensate for Blake's TERRIBLE efficiency. Maybe Dudley can help get Blake closer to the basket 5-10% and that may add 5-10% to his mid range FG% (one of the worst in the NBA).

I also feel like Doc is trying to have specific role players to coach them in their roles. It allows you to make the game simple and I assume he specifically wanted Reddick and Dudley to fill a defined role night in and night out. Combo guards break down roles if they aren't smart, maybe Doc never liked Bledsoe from the start, I could see that. I think it's easy to see that the Clippers wanted in this trade and they got it.

Whats the Billups roles now?

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ehh. I understand Butler and Bledsoe aren't all that. Bledsoe cause he is getting limited minutes and Butler is just old and average now. Redick is nothing more than a decent spot up shooter. Dudley is also an average role player at best. Don't see how this makes LAC any better.

10. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

May not have been necessary, possibly just appropriate when all parties agreed.

11. dtowninyourtown

dtowninyourtown Contributing Member

Those other teams need way more moves to even be remotely close to where the Rockets are at now. It is not a waste of time to try to sign a superstar center to create a true title contending team. That is just ridiculous.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They just got two of the best spot up shooters in the NBA. I mean top 10 shooters. Both of them.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

On NBA 2k.

Blake Griffin still has a lot to prove if he is supposed to be the Clippers second star.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Like both Dudley and Redick very much, but the Clips are going to need to find a wing stopper, even one for just brief stretches.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/352190999839256579">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pure asset play for Phoenix -- get the best long-term prospect involved. For the Bucks, it's an ugly series of transactions. Sorry.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/352191249232572418">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Thanks for that explanation. Yeah, this was probably a Doc decision, him trying to bring in people he thinks he needs or wants to coach. However, if that is the case, the past provides us with no evidence that Doc is good at personnel decisions. How many times have we seen the good coach be allowed to "shop for the ingredients" and end up cooking a big 'ol ***** stew?

I hate this trade for the Clippers. It doesn't hurt them in comparison to what they were last year -- but the lost opportunity of what they could have done with the assets they traded (a coveted young player and a productive veteran on a nice sized expiring contract ) could be devastating to this franchise's goal of becoming a title contender.

I look at what is happening to the two LA teams, the change in Memphis and Denver -- and I tell you folks, if the Rockets get Dwight, Houston has a real chance to clean house next season in the Western conference.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Redick is an awesome fit at SG for them, someone who shoots, moves the ball and defends. Dudley might play at SF most likely and he's kind of underrated. Athletically challenged but you can win with him.
    Both Redick and Dudley will also be on very reasonable contracts.

Bledsoe is nice because of his potential. But who knows if he will ever develop a jump shot. Right now, they get two good veterans for a guy who was a worse fit.

A great deal for the Clips. I like this more than them getting Afflalo or DeRozan or Bargnani, like it was rumored.

As for the Suns... they get a nice project. And they have experience developing talented athletic point guards with shooting issues (Dragic).
    They gave up a vet, got younger, looks like a good gamble. I suspect they gave up their early 2nd rounder too, so that's a valuable pick for the Bucks. Still, a fair deal.

I like it for everyone, tbh. I guess I need to see what 2nd rounders the Bucks will get.

18. trowa2

trowa2 Member

now with a good coach, lakers has no chance.

19. Chamillionaire

Jordan / Hollins
    Griffin
    Dudley / Barnes
    Redick / Crawford
    CP3 / Billups

You could literally have any 4 avg to border-line all stars with CP3 and they would still be a decent team. CP3 is a monster.

20. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

With such heavy league-wide interest in Bledsoe, that's all the Clips could get? Yawn.

The best news out of this is that it's now even less likely there be a S&T between the Clips and Lakers for Dwight. Also, as someone previously mentioned, Dallas has even less to entice Dwight after Phoenix snapped up their PG target.