1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&adSetCode=91cDU6NuXTGKz3OdjOxFdAgJVtQcKJnI&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9440750&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

2. BeardlyBeardman

I remain confident that this deal is happening. My source has confirmed it repeatedly.

Source: US Congressman.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's really strange to me that people can't grasp this concept.

Or that because their info is accurate on Monday, doesn't mean things can't change on Tuesday.

Our insiders are not foretelling prophecy - they are sharing the latest rumors from their sources.

People act like Cyberx or DocRocket are claiming they climbed to the mountain top and God came down and gave them some stone tablets that foretold where the top free agents are destined to sign.

That isn't how it works, people.

1 person likes this.
  4. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

How would it be a ruse for him to go to the team that (1) can offer the most money (2) has the 2nd most banners hanging from the rafters. I actually will be surprised if he DOESN"T sign with LAL.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

One thing to keep in mind on the "Hollywood" front:

Jarrod Rudolph, Dwight's good buddy and a guy that he's hung out with in LA in recent days, has gone out of his way on Twitter to point out how Dwight does not need to be in LA to land entertainment roles. Pointed out that he had movie roles in Orlando, etc.

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports

7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

It is pretty absurd that some people want inside information that is absolutely correct, when the player in question is not even sure of it.

8. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am still giving the edge to Dallas, only because he would be the man there.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh. He's a head case. He clearly needs attention. He does make this team better, but him going elsewhere would not be that big of a deal.

It's almost a win-win either way. To me, his game as it currently stands is not dominant enough to ignore everything else. Maybe if he was Shaq level... But he's not.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hahahaha

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because he's signing for the next 5 years, not the next 100.

You know which team has the most banners hanging from the rafters? Boston. Is that a preferred destination to Houston this summer? I didn't think so.

History is a fair guide for long-term patterns. Yes, over the course of time, LA will probably have more contending teams than Houston. But relying on history to guide a very short-term decision is absurd. The Rockets have a clearly superior roster for contending over the next few years (relative to the Lakers), and virtually every unbiased NBA analyst agrees with that.

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Dwight wants to be in movies? Let's get Wes Anderson to talk to him. He can be in all those quirky movies! The Royal Howards! Dwightjeeling Limited! The Life Basketball with Dwight Howard! Fantastic Mr. Howard! Dwightrise Kingdom!

1 person likes this.
  14. cyberx

cyberx Member

Should know a firm decision possibly Thursday.

1 person likes this.
  15. thenight11

thenight11 Member

Whataburger® ‏@Whataburger 38s
    You can't pass up the chance to move to a Whataburger state. #dwight2houston

16. Nook

Nook Member

I didn't know that all those banners hanging from the rafters were suddenly going to make the Lakers a championship contender.... sure as hell didn't last year.

17. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

symbolic for independence day?

18. ag3ntgandhi

ag3ntgandhi Rookie

Thanks for everything, buddy.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Medina:

Howard wanted to go through this whole process because he's never been a free agent and wanted to see those presentations.

They're insisting "Which team is best fit to win a championship as quickly as possible?"

Lakers are in the mix but I'd say Houston has the advantage over them right now.

He likes the city itself. He likes the big market. He didn't feel like D'Antoni's system maximized his strengths and wasn't featured enough. ... From what they say, he wants to see what team has the best plan moving forward in which he can win a championship.

Mentioned this tweet. "Little things like that can make a difference."

Lakers tone and message won't be pleading.

Kupchak, Mike D'Antoni, Nash, and Kobe expected to be in the meeting. Possibly Jeanie. Phil won't be there.

Dwight won't bring up the whole 'Mike or Me' card. Lakers have publicly and privately have supported Mike D'Antoni and assured him he's coming back.

#1619 J.R., Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is going to be a Laker. He wont be able to pass up the fame that LA LAND offers. I cant blame him. Would be nice to be a multi-millionaire living in LA.

Heck, we would have a better chance if our team was located in ATX. Now that place, is something else. More on that later. Still drunk.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.