1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Yooo <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> what uppp gone come down to Houston G we got ya u already know Kobe gone act like a girl and blame u all season</p>&mdash; slim thug (@slimthugga) <a href="https://twitter.com/slimthugga/statuses/351791559232077824">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ~~~

~~~ Member

Double standard much?

Your post is hypocritical.

3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. I want Slim Thug to sit down somewhere.

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

What truth has just been spoken

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Make it happen Stern!

7. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

You aren't serious are you?

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't have photoshop skills, but I think it'd be awesome if we can photoshop Dwight over Lin wearing a Rocket jersey.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Jonathan Feigen:

Vibe in Houston that they might get Howard in town?

They were first on the course, whatever that's worth. A lot of emphasis from Dwight seems to be on the potential to win and potential to win championships. The Rockets, of all the teams he's considering, would seem to mesh with his window best. The Lakers and Mavs best players will be 35 next year. In the course of a 4 year contract, if he stays with the Lakers, he's playing with Kobe until he's 39 if he re-ups? He's playing with Dirk until he's 39? That doesn't seem to be as great a chance of a championship than with a 24 year old James Harden and a good nucleus. A lot of the questions he was asking, interested in, is how do they continue to build. Are they done when he signs? They were able to outline the tools they have to continue to build that they think would give them a clear advantage over the other teams he's considering.

How appealing is Kevin McHale to help mentor his development? Is that high on his priority list?

It's not the top but he is definitely intrigued by that. Kevin can be very charming. He can do that and does that easily. Players like him. Dwight knows his players. He communicates often with Harden and Parsons, who think a lot of McHale. As a big man and one of the great low post players, McHale has long loved teaching that. He loves teaching it to guys with no chance to do what he could do or what Dwight could do but he likes getting on the block and teaching that sort of thing. Since he's been Rockets coach, he's wanted a big man that could be the focal point of the offense. That's far from what they did last season. That would change, not because that's what it has to do to get Dwight but because that's what McHale wants. He wants in the paint - defend the paint, score in the paint, that's what he's always been about.

Vibe in Houston? How do the fans see Howard, in terms of being desirable?

It's come to very desirable. Coveted guy. Now the presents are under the tree and look good. In the months leading up to it, yeah, there was some debate, not recently, but now, very exciting times. People are enthralled with the idea of adding the next big man in line - Hayes, Malone, Sampson, Hakeem, Yao - they're pretty excited about that. With Dwight, the Rockets have coveted and chased him for years.

Did they feel like the bells and whistles of Hakeem and Skyping with Yao had an impact?

I think so. They want him to feel very comfortable. I always felt the Lakers, their history of big men was a burden. Can you live up to this and you have Shaq taking shots at him all along. In Houston, it's more welcome to the club. That's part of the purpose Yao served. You're one of us. Certainly Hakeem is very good at that and has a relationship with Dwight from working with him in the summer and actually Clyde has a bit of relationship with him from some of the all-star events. Clyde is very close to the organization still. There was a lot of that - you'd be one of us and fit right in. I'd heard the word fit a lot.

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

YES! This is why I love Houston

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>League source: The NBA has no problem w/ TWC being part of the LAL's pitch for Dwight, so long as no extra compensation is promised</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/351793072188833792">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>&quot;They could simply be presenting ideas about how they plan to cover Howard and the Lakers in the future,&quot; said the source. &quot;That's allowed&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/351793221141135360">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

12. jsmee2000

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>League source: The NBA has no problem w/ TWC being part of the LAL's pitch for Dwight, so long as no extra compensation is promised</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/351793072188833792">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>&quot;They could simply be presenting ideas about how they plan to cover Howard and the Lakers in the future,&quot; said the source. &quot;That's allowed&quot;</p>&mdash; Dave McMenamin (@mcten) <a href="https://twitter.com/mcten/statuses/351793221141135360">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

13. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Lol Slim thug

14. rocketblood713

hahaha Thugga !

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Was every free agency like this or is this one really bizarre? Lots of weird things going on lol

17. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

sorry, I was on my phone when I originally typed it. Milo was giving one of his updates to Matt Thomas and while Matt was trying to say bye to Milo, Milo said "Hey, remember that rumor about THE BIG MAN, Dwight Howard being here in Houston looking at homes last week. WEll that rumor was shot down by people but that rumor was only 1/2 true. Dwight wasnt here, his people were, I know. I was told DIRECTLY from someone involved. I know which house, which neighborhood, I even know how many square feet Howard said he was looking for.. How about that one Matt, just wanted to throw that in for you today since Iit was told directly to me."

Thats pretty much what Milo said.

18. ashyy

ashyy Member

LOLz ;)

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

20. jsmee2000

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Having TWC in the meeting isn't an issue - cap circumvention? That's a problem - and that's what it would be as a Lakers' partner</p>&mdash; Eric Pincus (@EricPincus) <a href="https://twitter.com/EricPincus/statuses/351793951218483200">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>If Dwight Howard's TV contract with TWC is out of line with industry norms, NBA will surely have issue. It won't be huge $$.</p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/statuses/351794613809463297">July 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.