1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shabbaz Muhammad an idiot?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jul 1, 2013.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's good Shabbaz Muhammad had to play one year in college. The hype is gone and he'll have to grind out a spot in the NBA in relative anonymity up in Minny.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Shabazz have it all!

1 person likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Shabazz didn't slip from the age issue. He slipped because he is supposed to be a high scoring wing that can create for himself. However, his handles are so bad that he cannot create for himself. As a result there are huge questions about whether he will make an impact in the NBA.

4. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

maybe he meant at his position...

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He needs to bring back the 00. A lot of people have the single 0 but I haven't seem the double zero in a while.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Spencer Hawes
    Darrell Arthur

7. platypus

platypus Member

The next Wesley Johnson/ Xavier Henry this kid will be a bust.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't think he's going to be a bust. Well, he will be a bust relative to expectations a year ago but I think he'll be ok for a mid-round pick.
    At the very least, he'll be a spot up shooter / hustle player off someone's bench.

I'm just not sure he's a good pick for the Wolves and Adelman. They should've just picked McCollum, imo. Or trade up and get McLemore/Otto Porter/Pope. But if that's not possible, just take McCollum. Offensively, he'd be perfect for Adelman, and defensively they'd probably manage somehow with Rubio defending the tougher backcourt assignment.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not knowing the jersey number of every NBA player=idiot?

Awesome thread.

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Reading is key, I mentioned everything else he did, this is just the cherry on top..

11. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

Also, why in the world would you say nobody wears the number if you didn't have a clue whether it was true or not? Just don't say anything, idiot.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

1 person likes this.
  12. Swishh

Swishh Member

He is also calling himself 'Agent Zero' now as if that's an original nickname...

1 person likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Howard is ten times the narcisst, came in as a bible student ;)

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

LeBron is the biggest narcissist in the entire league, IMO.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Royce White.. Oh wait, do you have to show up to actually be considered "in the league?"

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Shabazz isn't a bust yet. Give him a chance. Ben Howland was the reason he stank it up so bad in UCLA. He'll pull a Harrison Barnes and make people see what they saw in him all throughout high school. That's my belief at least.

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would be willing to bet he has a better career than either of those two players

QFT

Howland held the reins VERY tightly and with the newer generation of kids he (and his staff) were recruiting this would not work - there is a reason why so many good players transferred out of that program and some left early - because of Howland.

Shabazz has a lot of gifts that was evident - his handles need work but he is pretty complete offensively and crashes the boards like crazy. I think he will be able to do well in Minnesota - Adelman will get a lot of out him - I dont think he could have asked for a better place to be. A young team with promise, a great coach and two unselfish stars (rubio, love) one of whom he can connect to quite easily (Love with UCLA ties)

18. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Barnes is being overrated. His rookie season was not that great. For example, his per was 11.08 which put him near the bottom of the rookie class.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah but Barnes in the playoffs had an eyeopening performance. It really was Curry #1 then Barnes #2 as far as offensive options went on that team. I thought Klay Thompson choked in most of the games I saw.

Barnes' future is on the upswing. Parsons too had a sub-average rookie season PER. Those things tend to go up just so long as the opportunity for playing time remains.

20. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

I'm still not a fan. He never impressed me in college and he did not impress me much in his rookie year either. I remember a dunk or two in the playoffs, but I didn't really pay much attention to him. Curry was the guy who completely stood out obviously. Barnes' per did go up to 13.8 in the playoffs, though. Klay Thompson went from 12.7 during the regular season to 10.1 in the playoffs. Yikes.