1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight doesn't want to play with Harden, prefers Orlando-style team or superstar PG?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 29, 2013.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I am aware of that, but I think he said that because he wants Dwight to stay, he wont be playing at a highest level like he used to. I'm sure he's thinking about letting Dwight the man its less of a toll on his body specially coming off a major injury.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Howard is no match for the Dream,but his post presence is superior to Asik's.
    I have always been of the opinion that Dwight is not going worth after,if he is not physically and mentally ready to give his all on a young rebuilding team like ours.

3. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I got this comment for my post above...lol

"Thanks for reminding us why we all hate LOF's. Keep on taking those cheap shots for Lin, and watch it return his way.."

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That will go away with a strong post presence. If he doesn't want to come to Houston,that is fine with me.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I would welcome Dwight if he signed with us. But keeping Asik(eventually he would have gotten traded), Robinson, Garcia and adding Josh Smith or any other Free Agent Morey feels is the right fit for the team is not a bad plan B.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What should ESPN Dallas be saying? We have no chance, our team is kinda crap and even Deron Williams didn't want to be here, but please keep listening ?

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More bad news...i'm sorry. Badlee news.;)

8. liveguy

liveguy Member

Why is it that any news about Dwight always has a "he doesn't want....he prefers.....he doesn't like" slant EVERYTIME?

For someone that has a THIRST for being liked, its always news that comes out with him light-weight alienating/dissing someone or team or city.

Even if 75% is hearsay BS and not true....why is the news from sources close to DH always "he doesn't want....he prefers.....he doesn't like?"

Seems like either this dude wants to not be liked or the media wants to paint him in a different way than how he acts when in front of a camera.

Like the real DH vs. the phony, shuck and jive, show them teeth DH

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Broussard's comments were made to increase ESPN's ratings. If they keep on saying Houston Houston Houston, it would be anti-climactic and people won't be that interested in the Dwightmare saga.

You, me, and even Dwight knows that it's Houston or bust at this stage of his career. Can't afford to waste a season and then gamble on free agency and spend more wasted seasons trying to develop chemistry. Assuming Dallas gets free agent stars of course.

Like is said, it's either Lakers or Rockets. It's a 2-way race from day one.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Hasn't it been mentioned countless times that Broussard just tows the feagan company line and that feagan is close w Cuban?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see what you did there. You found the right sense of humor.
    I think Duncan was right laughing at DHo. He is a joke facing the greats of the game.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

1. if he wants a team like when he was with Orlando, why did he leave them to begin with?
    2. Chris Broussard is an idiot.
    3. Why would the Dallas Mavericks be a better choice? They're all old.
    4. Houston has a better and younger team and Morey will build a better team around Howard better than Mark Cuban. Morey is better than Mark Cuban, though Mark Cuban is more fun.
    5. I agree with many of you here, Harden >>>>>>>>> Howard

13. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

:eek::eek::eek:

Lol... I get this type of "hate mail" too. The price of being a Jeremy fan on this forum ;)

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

All that needs to be said. Anyone that thinks Dallas is in serious contention is a moron.

15. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

This whole style of play debate is seriously so blown out of proportion....The Rockets played the style of basketball they did because 1.) they didn't have one single big who had a post up game 2.) they are a young/athletic team...it was out of necessity with the roster they had

If Dwight doesn't honestly think that McHale, one of the best bigs to ever play the game, wouldn't at least somewhat feature him, he is an idiot.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

You're comparing two different players... But, I believe CP3 was better when he played with West. A big man with an actual post game and can step away from the basket. But what I described is what he had at Orlando but this time he will have Dirk at the 4. And maybe Howard believes he has the post moves and a team should be built around him.

And you should ask CP3 and Howard that, they were the ones talking about playing together... Not me :) Besides, CP3 controls the ball on the perimeter better and runs the offense better than guys like Harden and Kobe and he doesn't turn the ball over. So that could be why Howard would rather have a good point guard. And Larkin may be just as good or if not better than the point guards he had in Orlando. Just my opinion though.

17. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Yup...

You can't even joke about Harden...lol

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dwight is like a young chick, he thinks he knows what wants but he doesn't know what he needs. If he would just get out of his own way he'd be fine.

1 person likes this.
  19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Lol Ynnis... Yes they can ;)

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously. What kind of prima donna free agent actually has preferences, wants and dislikes? Articles about Dwight's pending free agency should be about what the teams want. They should read "The Houston Rockets, a team Dwight might play for, prefers a center like Hakeem Olajuwon but are fine settling for Dwight Howard." Nobody cares what a free agent wants or prefers.