1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets to hire strength and conditioning coach from Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 28, 2013.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Or he is popeye's son. And the reason we didn't hear much from him since is because pops started using him as his source to take all the credit.

Btw y'all. Doc Rocket was the real deal too. "was" being the operative word. And thats coming from guys like BrianKagy, who met him and doesnt say stuff like that. He just lost his sources with the changing of the Rudy regime. Likely pops did too.

The story is that many of us met for a cfnet outing game in like 2001. We all met for pizza pregame, went to game. After game we gathered again and Jeff had contacts and took Clutch and BK into the lockerroom. I didn't go cause went back to kinneallys for post game

BK and others show up and say "why didn't you hang out. We met Doc Rocket. He's the real deal"

That's straight from Brian Kagy

2. BigTex

BigTex Member

[​IMG]

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Your move, Zoplicone.

1 person likes this.
  4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

[​IMG]

And he's here for the mustache rides.

[​IMG]

5. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

lol...love it.

6. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Here we go again with this....

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

That outing was Olajuwon bobble head night. It was also when I met Clutch and Jeff.

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

My reaction to this post...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a-fK7GVrHW0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sorry cant embed right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emI9g8gp9pE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is DH in 09 with someone you may find familiar.....KPRC's own Kyle Montgomery...another Houston connection, coincidence? I think not.

We will never know how many more field agents Mooray sent out in anticipation of this moment.....Montgomery was recently termina-I mean , let go...

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I thought it was something like "Rockets95" or something like that.

11. heypartner

Good times

The other funny thing about that night is Cluthc and Jeff went straight to Jeff's house so clutch could right a quick front page story of the game and would return to meet the gang at kinneallys. But Jeff only had a Mac and clutch had trouble with his cold fusion page editor so the got delayed

Note this was before laptops were affordable and cellphones. Many were saying where's clutch, in hopes of meeting him. We were in phone contact "'i'll be there soon but this Mac is giving me fits'

Then
    Then

Rudy Tomjanovich walks in. And it's like Clutch, Rudy is here, step away from the keyboard and get here

Can you imagine 15 cfnetters in a post game outting when Rudy and his two smoking hot daughters walk in. Right Darkhourse

12. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

It was rocketsfan34

http://www.clutchcity.net/news/538/power_of_the_internet/

Unfortunately, the links are broken now.

Wow, that was a long time ago. I lurked for a long time before I joined. I think the web site was actually on a Utah university student account? Clutchcity.net also linked to other fan sites like "The Launch Pad" (Jeff's?) and some other ones. Only clutchcity survived to become clutchfans, no idea what happened to the other ones.

13. heypartner

Clutch ate them

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dw-LYMD2Ho0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

All hail cyberx. I've been a believer from the get go. Just something about his posts were believable. Then agin, I always BELIEVE IT.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Maybe he just wanted to move closer to his fiance?

16. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Someone should post a Clutchfans: Origins summary of how it came to be

17. nicolas

nicolas Member

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/joe_rogowski/index.html

Joe Rogowski enters his seventh season as strength and conditioning coach for the Orlando Magic, joining the organization in August of 2006. During his time with the Magic, he has also worked with the Great Britain basketball team during the 2012 London Summer Olympics and served as assistant athletic trainer for the 2012 Orlando NBA All-Star Game.

Rogowski’s duties include overseeing all physical aspects of the development of the players. In addition to strength and conditioning, Rogowski monitors the player’s nutrition and recovery programs, allowing them to maximize their performance while maintaining year-round health. As a certified athletic trainer, he also incorporates individualized injury prevention programs tailored to the needs of each player.

Besides his strength and conditioning duties, Rogowski coordinates the cardiac administration and testing of the Magic players and staff and simultaneously analyzes their V02/lactate levels. He also helps with the cardiac testing of NBA players at the NBA Pre-Draft Camp and works with several universities and other professional teams in a similar capacity.

Rogowski graduated from DePauw University with a degree in sports medicine and athletic training, while also lettering in football. He then acquired his master’s degree from the University of Central Florida in the field of exercise physiology, with an emphasis in cardiac physiology. Rogowski is certified in both ATC/L and CSCS. Before working with the NBA, he worked with several other sports venues including the NFL’s Buffalo Bills, MLS’s Chicago Fire and various Orlando high schools. He also spent one year working at Athletico Physical Therapy in Chicago, IL and previously worked with the Magic as a strength and conditioning intern in 2002-03.

Born and raised in Chicago, Ill., Rogowski spends his free time competing in triathlons, fishing and cheering on the Chicago Cubs.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sounds like a good hire despite his connections to Orlando and Dwight.

19. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

The Chris Finch Connection:grin:

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Those few doubters who were questioning Cyber are where again?. come and eat you're crow pie fellas.