1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at houses in Houston? (UPDATE: Howard responds from UCLA)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 28, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just wake me up in two weeks

2. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Psy Bur EX is real

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I stand corrected then.

But same idea, he's scheduled to announce his decision.

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I could imagine, luckily I don't have people questioning my every post because generally my posts have very little value.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

No, he's not. The entire thread/article was a misunderstanding of verbage. He's going to sign on July 10, the first day available. He has made no such indication of when he will have an "announcement". Like most other stars, it'll probably be July 3 or July 4.

6. rocketblood713

this Dwight looking in house rumor that is not true makes us look weak

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Wait, there is going to be an update at 4?

How do we know? Which thread should I be checking? Man, I can't wait til the 10th....

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

No, just wants his windshield cleaned.

9. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Lmao:grin:

10. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lock this thread please?

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I see. Thanks then. That thread got me confused, should have read through it. I guess they should update that title.

12. The Cat

Why, exactly? Dwight's Instagram? It's very plausible that someone who wanted to "deny" rumors could film a video in advance and release it at the time news breaks. It's also plausible that there was a misunderstanding on whether Dwight himself would be here, and he could have someone connected to him looking.

Allen OU is verified by a lot of credible people here and is a realtor. If you don't believe him, you don't have to read this thread. But some of us are still interested in discussing any further updates he may have.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

ignore the middle tweet but maybe something more to this?

[​IMG]

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

:rolleyes:

Come on man. It's only a few users bashing you. It's the internet, what do you expect... grow thicker skin. You're not some superstar, you're not entitled to any different treatment than anyone else, you're just a guy who happens to (apparently) have some inside info. It's cool, and us non-trolls appreciate it, but it's still freaking annoying when you come in here and act like you need to be pampered and treated like a king in order to dispense your pearls of basketball information.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Come on man. Dwight is so desperate to hide the fact that he is here that he had his boy Rudolph dispute the story, had his team film something to make it look like he was in LA...

to accomplish what exactly?

Come on Cat. He's not in Houston looking at houses. The old "Player X is in town looking at real estate!!!!1" story is the most bogus thing ever and it happens all the time. You're too smart for that.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

i hope this shadiness doesn't hurt the rockets' chances.

17. The Cat

Who says they're necessarily wrong? Seems logical that real estate in a new area would be one thing that players would look into before signing a contract, and it's also something they'd deny once that information reaches the public arena. I'm sure some are fake, like everything, but I'd bet there have been several truthful "Player X is looking at houses" stories, too.

I don't know what his motivation is -- several people earlier in this thread suggested he wouldn't want heat on him in LA, given that's where he'll be huddling next week. I'm just saying, people I know and trust vouch for AllenOU, and I went back through his timeline and he's moved pro athlete houses before.

I agree it's more likely than not that Dwight's in LA, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that there's some truth to this story.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I haven't felt this violated since I watched the Mermaids show on the Discovery Channel.

19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

he could crash on Royce White's couch.

20. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Can someone explain to me how this affects the Rockets chances of landing Dwight? Cuz I'm not seeing it at all.