1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Deeks: Houston trying to dump Jeremy Lin, prioritize salary over basketball assets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

You said:

'Another significant factor in play re: Rockets trying to move Lin - Patrick Beverley is better, and they know it.'

I can see why you're trying to walk back from it, and that is fine... next time try to be more clear in your reporting because it looked like you were claiming to know that the Rockets think Beverly is better, when you KNOW no such thing.

You THINK it, but you have nothing solid to base that on. While your tweets have lead people to believe that what you claim to THINK on this issue is based on some substantive info you have from someone on the inside, and you clearly don't have any information to back this up other than, 'They are shopping Lin.'

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

How come you said later on, Lin is going to stay? Did Morey tell you that also?

3. Sham

Sham Member

I have long been aware that my surname sounds a bit like multiple penises. That's why I went by "Sham" (a long standing nickname) for so long. Oh well, it's out there now. Hopefully no one will ever find out my middle name is "Grannyvulva".

3 people like this.
  4. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Reminds me of when I used to play Strat O Matic.

5. Sham

Sham Member

Someone, upon seeing the news, asked my opinion of what I think will happen. I mean, don't we all form opinions upon hearing news? That's what you're all signed up here for, no?

2 people like this.
  6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Got to give the guy respect for coming in here and explaining himself. Most wouldn't do that. I believe his report

7. dream1222

dream1222 Member

maybe you shouldn't say "it prohibits Dwight" in the first place, anyway thanks for the info.

8. Sham

Sham Member

I'm sorry, but once again, you're really misreading me. You seem to be reading the opinions as fact and the fact as opinions. I don't know what else I can say, sir.

9. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Great Scott, man!!
    [​IMG]

10. Sham

Sham Member

I regret adding that bit because the last few characters of a tweet is not sufficient for explain the intricacies of cap machinations, and while I wasn't trying to, it's the sort of comment that opens itself to repudiation from people who will try to, due to the sheer number of variables in play. That said, the point stands - SOMEONE has to go to open up cap space, as well you all know, and Lin's contract is a prohibitive one just as Robinson's is.

The very nature of Twitter is that you can say things over multiple tweets but a good number of people will only read individual ones. I do hope that people reading this topic will at least read the entirety of what I said before deciding never to trust that Mark Multicocks guy again.

3 people like this.
  11. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

He's not the only one that "misread" you.

Once and for all, why don't you, in not limited to 140 characters, quote EXACTLY what you heard, than state your opinion, than lay out your guesses? That will clear everything up. Thx in advance.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Just so you know, you're dealing with an irrational LOF (Lin only Fan). He's a waste of your time.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Great post... thanks Mark.

Everyone please rep this man.

14. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

sham you should answer my question :grin:

15. megastahr

as you command!

Hey clutch do you think... rockets could be trying to move lin, t-rob, and asik for Lamarcus Aldridge? (maybe a SNT for smith )

to go with howard?

16. Sham

Sham Member

The Rockets are trying to move Lin. Partly for salary reasons (they need a bit of cap space, as is well documented) but also because of Beverley. (Who is awesome.) They have placed calls trying to move Lin for salary relief. None of that is opinion.

It's OK if you don't believe that. I'm hugely familiar with both message board politics and the flurry of misinformation out there, and I can't stop you perceiving me however you so choose. Do however bear in mind that I pretty much just staked whatever the **** reputation I spent six years building up in this being accurate, so know I'm entirely freaking certain of its accuracy.

6 people like this.
  17. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Can't rep and don't think I'll ever get granted the privilege ;)

18. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Thank you for clarify.;)

19. megastahr

dont even bother reexplaining it...this forum is full of morons that hate on people for saying something dont like or some just because someone is getting attention I guess.

Doc Rocket- proven
    Cyberx- proven

those guys get hated on ...you certainly will.

If i was you I would just explain yourself, and let the facts speak for themselves. Ignore the rest of the morons that come out in droves over things like this.

Either you are right or not, but time will tell. No need to jump to conclusions, but as for most of the members we appreciate putting your reputation on the line to give us some intel.

thanks

20. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Thx for the reply, although you didn't really clear it up for me. So that "also because of Beverley" part is a "fact" that you heard directly from your source?

It doesn't matter whether I believe in you or not. I'm a nobody.