1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge on the line?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Knightrogen, Jun 26, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This settles it. The Robinson trade is going to be made with Cleveland.

2. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I would be very interested to see how much Aldridge's game changes in our system, I highly doubt he would continue to take 7.3 shots from 16-23 feet.

3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What about Asik/Robinson and Jones or Montijunas for LMA? Not sure about $ matching or interest

1 person likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

interesting idea

5. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

It's okay, I've done it for you :p It isn't really feasible. Too many players would have had to have been moved prior, assuming we're still trying to get Dwight, and the only thing I am not sure about is whether Rip's contract has to be guaranteed on July 1 (like Delfino's and Brooks') or later.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight and Lamarcus are both so right hand centric that they don't function well at all on the other side, they'd be a terrible combo.

These high-low setups require the players to be on opposite sides, but also the high post player to be on his strong side, to do that would put Dwight on his weak side, which would just be terrible. It works so well in Memphis because Gasol being on his strong side, and Randolph being left handed is also stronger on the opposite to Marc.

7. pwnyxpress

It's okay. We'll just make Lin go left. I'm jp.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

9. pwnyxpress

His 2013 salary is actually about a million higher, so we'd be asking Dwight to have to take an extra $1.5M - $2M paycut to sign w/ us. Kinda steep, though we'd have LMA in the bag now...

10. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

If the Rockets were to make a trade for LMA using Asik it would be after Howard joins. With the recent talk of Deandre Jordan + pieces for LMA I think a Asik + Pieces and a 2014 draft pick could potentially work.

Based on Morey and his ability to usually keep his workings out of the media (unless he wants leverage to increase bidders on his players) then I'd say that phone call has already happened and might be on the cards for the 14th July :)

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

[​IMG]

throw in some picks and do it Murray!

12. funkyfresh

funkyfresh Member

I have a very very strong hunch that we may get LaMarcus.

Portland wants to keep JJ Hickson who has been solid. Has a huge motor and been playing out of position. Can move to PF and be cheaper.

Portland has been hot for Aaron Brooks in the past.

T-Jones is a Portland native and would be backup PF for JJ.

Portland has said it isn't in love with this draft and needs stronger bench players.

Portland needs a center and we may get Dwight.

Portland needs backup SG and Delfino could be the ticket

Houston gets LaMarcus and becomes our bona fide All-Star PF Portland sends out 13.5M

Portland gets Asik / T-Jones / Brooks / Delfino Houston sends out 15.3M

Maybe Portland sends a pick that we can Eurostash tomorrow night.
    hmm. makes a lot of sense.

Having LA may totally secure Dwight..

13. Sanity2disChaos

I would do the same but I think a third team is necessary like, Chicago and then you have the blazers and ourselves in a three team trade that works if you look at players, team needs and cap...

Rockets should first send Asik, lin, Parsons +Robinson to Chicago...

Chicago should send Noah + 1rst rd. pick (that Charlotte pick I think would do it) or swing Robinson with Noah to Portland

Portland sends Aldridge, babbit, maynor to the rockets...

***side note. Deng should be traded for a high draft pick if this ever was to happen...number 3 pick is a good start, draft a shooter that plays defense. Or victor o. Would do)***

Get'er done Morey! !!!!!!!

Nw to sit back and...

14. pwnyxpress

Too bad a deal centered around Asik, after signing Dwight, most likely means we're giving up a young PF and Parsons. Maybe a 2014 pick will allow us to keep Parsons, which would be fantastic. Next yr is a deep draft so POR may bite, even if for all intents and purposes our pick should not be TOO great of one (I hope).

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

Stop it guys. Discussions start at Asik/Parsons if we even wanted to entertain a deal with Portland. They will hang up the phone and block our number if we denied them Chandler.

16. pwnyxpress

First of all, trade machine is not updated on next yr's player salaries, so tons of things are off.

Second off, since we could only do this after already signing Dwight (or else I would be wary of moving Asik, and we'd lose cap space), TRob would already be gone. I don't get why we need the Cavs in this scenario at all lol.

17. basketballholic

If Portland wants Noah for Aldridge, I would think that Asik and Dmo trumps Noah. So here's my trade proposals:

1. TRob for highest pick we can get.
    2. $2.1 million and Royce White and TRob pick for Sasha.
    3. Trade Greg Smith to highest bidder with draft pick.
    4. Release Anderson and sign Dwight.
    5. Trade Asik, DMo, Greg Smith Pick, and 2014 first rounder for Lamarcus and the #10 pick. (That is.....only if Dwight and James want Lamarcus.)

By the way, Portland takes Cody Zeller at #10 if he is there. So, overall we trade away Asik, Trob, DMo, and Smith and 2014 pick for Lamarcus and Cody Zeller.

18. pwnyxpress

I'd personally love to see POR get TRob + Asik + Utah pick; HOU get LMA; Utah get Lin. Something like that, but tweaked.

But the Chicago one is interesting, where Charlotte pick + Noah +TRob to POR, we get LMA, Chicago gets Lin + Asik + Parsons...though I think Chicago has to shed a bit more to us to make it all kosher salary-wise.

19. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

It could all come down to whether Portland is willing to wait until free agency starts or if they are wanting to do something at the draft.

If they can wait till Dwight decides, Asik, Tjones, Rockets 2014 1st round pick unprotected + a 2nd rounder could do it.

20. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Sorry to double post but after the above trade I mentioned they would have:

Lillard
    Matthews
    Batum
    JJ Hickson (resigned)
    Asik

That's a pretty good starting lineup with Tjones and picks in the future to develop.