1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been offered a 1st round pick for Thomas Robinson (UPDATE: So much for "imminent")

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Someone needs to film a documentary on him and also pray he (or it) never gets a real job.

1 person likes this.
  2. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Agreed, I expect better of J.R.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Bulls I don't believe have the cap space. So you threaten the team that does the Cavs. The threat is you won't get TRob which both teams covet. The draft pick position is irrelevant. I think you missed the part that you're trying to leverage a team to take whites contract along with TRob. The bulls I believe could not just absorb white so you try to leverage the Cavs by saying if you really want TRob for a pick you must take Royce too otherwise we'll just trade with the Bulls. Yeah you're hurting yourself a bit if the Cavs balk but it's worth the opportunity to try and unload white to just drop one spot.

4. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

If the tall black Greek or Schroeder aren't available, I hope they pickup best available. Those other Euros etc don't intrigue me.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I put this on Twitter a couple minutes ago, but am I the only one that's more intrigued by Cleveland's picks at 31 and 33 (especially if we could get both) than at 19? Remember, second-round picks do not have cap holds, and there's not perceived to be large gap in talent between the mid-to-late 1st and early 2nd.

If we get pick 19 or 20, the Rockets are basically boxed into taking a Euro stash, even if we have to reach a bit to do it. If we acquire even more picks in the low 30s, there's all sorts of options. We could still go the Euro stash route, if that's the BPA, but could also find potential role players to fill out the roster this year.

6. basketballholic

I'm still saying take the pick and throw in Greg Smith and DMo and get a top 10 pick in this draft and take Cody Zeller.

7. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Is it likely Adetokunbo falls to us?

He and Karasev are the only Euros I feel are worth something, and Karasev will be gone in the lottery.

8. Chamillionaire

I love the idea. Especially with Morey selecting the players. Withey, Erick Green, Glen Rice Jr., lots of good talent there early in the 2nd.

9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

shoot while were dreaming I like the idea of trading t-rob and our pick for Mirortic from the bulls instead lol

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2nd round picks are becoming really overrated around here.

If Morey likes a Euro, he should shoot for the 1st rd pick.

Sometimes 2nd round picks work out and turn into quality role players, and Morey seems to have a good batting average with them, but he's not perfect. Not all 2nd round picks will be Parsons just because the Rockets pick them. A lot of 2nd rd picks are total garbage.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/349958732928663552">June 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. dje243

dje243 Member

You were EXTREMELY quick on this one. Nice.

13. smr6

smr6 Member

Poor kid lol

14. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

4 teams in a year. Ouch.

15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m

Follow-up trade rumble: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they take him from Rockets for No. 20 pick

HAHA thats crazy I coudlnt even beat JR to this.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...Robinson getting the Q-Rich treatment...

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Here's where Nets could be involved “<a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine">@ESPNSteinLine</a>: Bulls intend to flip Thomas Robinson in subsequent (or connected) deal if they get him”</p>&mdash; Stefan Bondy (@NYDNInterNets) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets/statuses/349959443573784576">June 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I usually agree with that, but I think this situation is unique because of how desperate the Rockets are to avoid committing any cap money via this draft. BPA isn't really an option at 19, no matter who falls there or how much we may like someone.

If Morey could have anyone he wants at 31, or be forced to take a Euro stash at 19... I'd lean to the former. Unless there's a Euro he really likes, but that's the question.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well I would assume if he actually is trying to get a 1st rd pick then there is someone he wants.

He can't have "anyone he wants" at 31 because 30 players, many among them he assuredly likes, have already been taken. Including euro guys.

20. Sanity2disChaos

Rockets get Schroeder......do this mean LIN IS EXPENDABLE.....bring him over and sign him this year ( I think his buyout can be bought out for a reasonable price).I would consider moving Lin and inserting Bev or Schroeder....

This will clear cap space and allow you to upgrade other positions or get that legit PF we need....

Thoughts?