1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been offered a 1st round pick for Thomas Robinson (UPDATE: So much for "imminent")

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 21, 2013.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Bima explained it very well. Having $2 million today and paying 570k over the next three years is valuable incentive for teams to sacrifice essentially nothing. It is one of the perks of running the bobcats. really cool loans.

Can we throw in a future second since we do not have ours in this draft?

#421 BEAT LA, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

T-Rob, Delfino, and Brooks wouldn't even get us Jimmy Butler, let alone Hinrich and Teague. I don't even know where to start with the second trade. You're not good at this. Please stop.

3. Vthaker

Vthaker Member

This. Butler killed it last year. No way Chicago does that trade.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What you are suggesting is unprecedented. Maybe morey is all in this year and he is willing to sacrifice his rep as you are suggesting, but i am sure he has something. Maybe he left out some strings like the other team wants cash, or that second round pick, or they want to make sure a specific player does not fall to their spot. Maybe.

Edit: Also, factor in that the first year of Robinson's salary is already paid and over. The difference in guaranteed money between his contract and a mid to late first rounder is not much.

#424 BEAT LA, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Maybe. It's sounding like its true, he will be traded. I'm surprised, that's all

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Apparently a deal is imminent, just don't know to who. I could see T-Rob, Brooks, Delfino to Portland for the 10 and 2 second rounders.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If we can unload T-Rob, Dolphin, and AB0, then we're set for not only Dwight, but we should have enough to sign Garcia for a small deal without killing the Dwight possibility. I think.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Good lord your value meters have been way out of whack the last 24 hours.

9. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

well Fyreball.... i really apprecite you commenting on my post, but i dont see you coming up with a logical trade which helps rockets and help them get Howard. atleast i am trying to use my head a little and not just criticizing ppl's posts. would like for you to give me a better idea here. how can they come up some more cap room for this year, sign Howard with max money and fill up roster so they can be a legit contender for championship.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

T-Rob should be able to net us a top 10 pick. If we were able to move up with Dalembert and get a pick in the teens with Air Bud; I can't see why teams wouldn't offer 2nd rounders for AB and CD.

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'm not so sure T-Rob is worth a top 15 pick, let alone a top 10. Would be sweet.

12. jacoby

jacoby Member

In what world will TRob net us a top 10 pick? He hasn't shown much of anything so far in the league.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This draft is pretty weak at the top; I honestly think he could get us as high as 5th overall with Phoenix (TeamFOE reunion). He probably won't but just one year ago he was projected to go as high as #2 (in a much better class). He had a terrible year, but it's hard for a rookie to move around that first season. He started in the most unorganized franchise. He got very few minutes. He got traded here and looked good at periods and lost at others, he is still a question mark, much like almost every player in this draft minus Oladipo.

I think regardless of where we land Giannis is the target.

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

LOL. Stopped reading at Butler. No way Chicago trades him.

15. dragician

dragician Member

I'm sure Morey will take anything even it's number 99.

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I think it would be much easier for morey to get second rounders for these players if parsons were not on our roster. GMs think, lucky b*stard drafted him in the second round.

Anyways, TRob's value is probably higher than most of us think. Most of us were excited about acquiring the 5th pick in the draft, but when he made rookie mistakes we dismissed him.

17. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

How? That a decent trade. Maybe a little biased, but still. Brooks showed he still has it during the playoffs. Carlos would provide much needed 3 point shooting off the bench for Portland. T-Rob could develop and Portland can trade LMA in about a year or so.

18. rocketblood713

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And I see where you're coming from now. I was thinking that if I have to spend cash, why not spend cash to get something of value by either signing someone who has value or selling my capspace to the highest bidder (which should net me more than a couple of hundred k). However if the owner is just trying to lower his team salary required to line his pockets so he can fuel the jet for 1/2 a season, then I can see that...don't agree with that as an owner but there are crummy teams/owners out there that might do that.

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

But they're giving up so much just to beat out the crowd during free agency. It isn't like they couldn't still get them regardless. If they didn't do the trade, they could still fight for their services in FA, and it isn't like an injured Delfino and AB are such hot commodities that they'll command much larger salaries on the free agent market.