1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

SI: west coast bias

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bag0b0y, Jun 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Bag0b0y

Bag0b0y Member

2. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The picture is from 05, When he was coaching the Lakers.

But still... When someone mentions Rudy T, nobody thinks "oh yeah, he coched the lakers"

4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

si sucks and has ever since they put a soccer player on their cover instead of the NBA Champion Houston Rockets.. and they had plans to put the Knicks on the cover if they had won. I cancelled my subscription that I had received every Christmas from my grandmother since I was 11 immediately. Screw those guys. They had one chance... the first major championship for Houston... to get it right and they were so upset the Knicks lost they put a soccer player on the cover just to spite Houston. I have never even picked up a copy in the dentist's office since. Screw those guys.

#4 rimrocker, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  5. dragonz

dragonz Member

But the swimsuits, THE SWIMSUITS, man....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

What about the LACK of SWIMSUITS man...

[​IMG]

7. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

so you dont own these???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MONON

MONON Member

IIRC the 1st pick is of a regional issue that was distributed (because of the uproar) to Texas & surrounding states only. I think si learned their lesson & the B2B issue went nation wide. I bought the 2 Rocket issues, but like rimrocker, I haven't picked up an issue since

9. rimrocker

When I was a kid, it was cool but now that we have the Internet, what's the point about getting excited about a bunch of air-brushed airheads?

10. rimrocker

My wife, bless her heart, bought me the bottom one. Where are the regular issues? You do know that Dream had to visit the HQ in NY after the 94 Finals to complain about the weekly cover and that the first commemorative issue didn't get out on time (even though they had the Knicks version ready to go) right?

11. rimrocker

As an addendum to my previous post, screw those guys.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

yes. any rockets fan that has been a fan since the 90s remembers the issue with SI after the first championship..

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

the same point that men get excited whenever they see a half naked women?But to be honest, I have never ever paid for one single SI in my life.