1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Less than a minute to go...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have often annoyed my friends and family by refusing to leave early no matter how far up or down we are.

I'm so glad all of these Miami fans feel like idiots right now. I love it even more that Bosh publicly shamed them too. They deserve that.

2. makman

makman Member

There's a difference between being a fan of the team and a fan of the event. Just like the Superbowl, real football fans watch the game, others just the commercials and because everyone else is watching.

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Even if you thought your team had no chance of winning... why not at least stay to watch the trophy presentation? Crazy...

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Please don't compare rockets fans to this filth. I go to games several times a year, and I have been to most playoff games in recent memory. The stadium is always full for a playoff game, no matter what the score is. If Houston makes it in the playoffs, houstonians appreciate the work it took to get there.

5. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

it's a finals game...that shows how loyal your fans are :/

6. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/33313105" width="500" height="331" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/33313105">Toyota NBA - Comeback</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9482853">Barney Goldberg</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Heat fans:2010-2014

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Houston couldn't even sell out a 2nd round playoff game in the Summit against Phoenix on a Sunday afternoon the year they won the championship. Fact. Don't get all high and mighty here.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't really understand the anger here. I don't understand the point of leaving early. IMO you buy a ticket to, putting it simply, get entertainment watching basketball. Even if you think its over, it's still entertaining to watch till the end.

That being said, those people bought their tickets and they have a right to leave early or do whatever they want with said ticket. I don't understand the outrage over this.

10. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's because you're mentally challenged and a nerd.

No one is judging you, but those are the facts if you don't "get" something so basic and try to use systematic logistics to decipher it.

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

People that can't name 4 players on this current roster and are rooting for the Heat/OKC right now will be acting like diehards when we're contenders, it's such a shame and the concept makes no sense.

12. SergioValencia

Before you insult someone next time, learn the difference between "logic" and "logistics." And no, they're not interchangeable.

Also, calling someone mentallly challenged AND a nerd at the same time makes no sense. THINK before you post.

1 person likes this.
  13. Honey Bear

Lulz, nerd.

"Logic" and "logistics" were supposed to be mixed up because THE SENTENCE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE.

JUST LIKE PLAYING OFF 2K+ PEOPLE LEAVING IN A CLOSE GAME IN GAME 6 OF THE NBA FINALS AND NOT SEEING THE HUMOR IN THE THEM BANGING ON THE DOORS TO BE LET BACK IN.

That's what nerds do, they take the fun out of funny situations by being overly analytical.

Regulated.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Chris Bosh win!

15. TheresTheDagger

It was Mothers Day and a 12 noon start. Bad timing and scheduling by the NBA.

Oh, and I WAS there.

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I was at that game too.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Not a big deal. Not everyone who attends a basketball game is a diehard fan.

18. Honey Bear

Doesn't matter. Any time you go somewhere in life you practice something called situational awareness.

It's a fundamental form of human progress and civilization and why Europe paved the way for progress in America.

Game 6. Just under a minute. 5 point game. Heat at FT line.

Considering the police had to be called to stop them banging on the doors to be let back in, it shows how pointless their purpose is. This is not about them sucking at being basketball fans - this is about them sucking at living life.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sucking at living life because they left a basketball game earlier?

Okay

20. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

This would have happened anywhere. Most fans are casual even in houston. Accept it.