1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are kids today spoiled?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Miracles Boys33, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Miracles Boys33

Kids that are in middle school are out showing their Iphones and IPads made me think are kids today spoiler. I had a phone when i was in 6th grade and it was a flip phone and now seeing these kids with Iphones made me think they got it good.

[​IMG]

This is the Ipad i had growing up

[​IMG]

This is the Ipad kids have now

[​IMG]

My first phone

[​IMG]

The kids first phones

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

So you had a flip phone in the 6th grade and you're talking about how spoiled the kids are today?

2 people like this.
  3. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L1tnwnuH44A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I didn't get my phone until sophmore year of High School lol

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Technology, brah.

They are no more spoiled than the adults are today compared to the last generation.

Should kids nowadays start with Windows 98 and boost mobile phones? Would that put them on a level playing field with previous kids?

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't think kids are more spoiled these days. Maybe in some bizzarro world where everything is based on technological gadgets it could be possible. But kids these days lack from many things we took for granted. Like playing outdoors, community and the general simplicity of growing up.

Kids these days have to deal with so many issues we never had to deal with. I don't really wish to have been born later. I think the only thing that would have been remotely useful in my youth would have been the Internet.

7. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Technology is getting cheaper. Your doodle board and flip phone were a big deal to everyone born 25 years before you. I don't think kids are necessarily spoiled, but maybe don't understand the value of money as much.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I didn't get a cell phone until I formed my first company.
    But basically every generation thinks the next one has it easy. I mean, we don't have to churn butter anymore, so clearly we have it easier than our great great grandparents.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

My iPad was a Light Bright.

My cell phone was a walkie-talkie.

So you would be spoiled in comparison...

Are you aware of the dewey decimal system? (immediately reminds me of Conan the Librarian) Try using that as opposed to google!

10. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Light bright >>>> magnet board writey thing

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Down with progress in electronics!!

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure your parents thought you were spoiled, with your lack of corporal punishment, etc. And their parents thought they were spoiled, with their polio vaccine and whatnot.

I can remember people having a cow when they changed the SAT's to use calculators. Oresumably, those people thought everybody needed to know how to use a slide rule or an abacus, or something.

Progress.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This.

Each generation is more spoiled than the last, simply because there are things that exist now that didn't back then.

I didn't get my first cell phone until maybe senior year of high school. And it was huge and ugly. I didn't have a flip phone. I didn't have a phone in 6th grade. Why? Because they didn't exist.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

in my day, we had to look up the weather on Google Now. None of this having the weather beamed into your head crap

in my day, we had to have the weather beamed into our heads, none of this controlling the weather crap

in my day---1238320 32482- 823-4832 -8fhi

1 person likes this.
  15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

In my day we didn't have time travelers from the future mock us on our message boards.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Back in my day we called them car phones.... I didn't get one of those till I was like 16

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

In before KingCheetah mocks B-Bob and his handheld thick PHONE. :eek:

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Technology is more accessible nowadays, what do you expect?

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Also I got my first phone in 8th grade, and it was a, at the time popular, razr flip phone. I agree with your point though.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Something funny i read from a Bengals player(from Houston by the way), probably one of the funniest athletes and people out there- George Iloka.