1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Yep. He said:

"Dwight doesn’t really want to go to Houston, he doesn’t want to leave L.A. He loves being in L.A. What the Lakers’ front office does, or may not do, may be a contributing factor in his decision, but end of the day think Dwight probably stays."

2. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

hmmm...

3. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

It was said by Woj on Fox Radio. I don't have a link for it. It was on the Petros and Money show.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

OMG! Marc Stein just said:

"Dwight has verbally committed to the Houston Rockets."

There, now we're even.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

So he's speaking geographically? Well no s*** Dwight doesn't want to leave LA for Houston.

6. The Cat

In other words, you're believing random crap from LakersGround.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=161978

I've actually listened to the recent Woj podcasts; didn't find it.

1 person likes this.
  7. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Is this True?

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Repped. We need to set ignorant comments in their place.

9. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I'm going to assume it was said. Even then, yeah, he doesn't prefer coming to the city of Houston haha. He loves LA -- I thought we all knew that. Dwight's never been like, Oh man I would love to go to the city of Houston!

At the end of the day though, it is what we can offer him here w/ our team that should convince him. We'll see in a few weeks.

10. The Cat

No, not at all. I was just making a point that anyone can say anything on the internet and attribute it to anyone they want. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

11. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

So I'm ignorant for posting something that I saw said by Wojnarowski, the most reliable spurce in the NBA, just because he didn't say Dwight wanted to come to Houston?

That's strange.

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

You yourself are not necessarily ignorant. However, your comment, which had no source and so far seems to be a rumor from other unreliable forums was.

Perhaps, the ignorant comment was too strong and if it offended I apologized.

13. The Cat

You're ignorant because you didn't see or hear it said by Wojnarowski. If you did, it would be on his Twitter, in a Yahoo! Sports article or you'd have actually heard it yourself.

What you saw was a random message posted by a biased Laker fan on another message board and instantly ran with it as gospel, adding "Game over!!!" to further attempt to troll people here.

P.S. What's funny is that "four days ago", which the message said, would be Saturday, June 15. In reality, Woj appeared on the show on June 12 (a week ago) and June 17 (two days ago). Even funnier, the June 17 podcast actually pumps up the chances of Dwight to Houston, with Woj saying the Lakers are intrigued by Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin.

2 people like this.
  14. ooox

ooox Member

Dwight opt in with Orlando just so he wouldn't get traded to Houston. A lot of people like to ignore that fact.

15. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

daaaammmnnn. REPPED

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Well, I apologize for the post. I didn't mean to troll, that was not the intention. It was something I saw, and I figured I might as well post it.

I said "Game Over!!!" in a moment of anger and frustration over the situation.

Sorry, move on.

17. The Cat

Who here is ignoring that? Everyone on the planet knows that Dwight did not have any interest in the Lowry/Martin/Scola-led Rockets of 2012. And quite frankly, if he wanted to win a title, that was smart of him.

The question is his interest in James Harden's Rockets in 2013. Apples, meet oranges.

1 person likes this.
  18. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

That was before the rockets went to the playoffs oh and by the way we didn't have a guy by the name of James Harden either.

19. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

sorry, replied on the wrong one

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I doubt that was the main reason he opted into the contract...

And the Houston team then and the Houston team now are WORLD'S different. If I were Dwight, I would want to avoid Houston then as well. Not today...Houston has been made an attractive destination thanks to Harden. I have no doubt that Dwight is seriously interested in the Rockets.