1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Ray Allen hits clutch game-tying 3 to force OT

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tehG l i d e, Jun 19, 2013.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Just a typical Ray Allen shot

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/44T6FYdLcLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

**** RAY ALLEN

3. HoustonRockets

lol Norris Cole on the bench.

4. nemac

nemac Member

What's that ref signaling? That it was a 3? He's right there to see it, why the review?

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Refs favored the spurs all night

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

I still cannot understand why Duncan wasn't in, especially since there was a chance a FT would be missed on the other end prior to this play. Really un-Popovich like.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I dont care that the spurs ilegally subbed in duncan during that review (not sure of that was the one). Allen was clearly behind the line and that break gave miami a chance to rest up for defense and put in a defensive line up. That play should not have been reviewed.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Loved Ray Allen on the Celtics. Now I can see how opponents felt when he hit those shots in the white and green.

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

final minute of 4 quarter

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O3_Rw3O9u1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

True, Spurs wanted to go quickly, here there is clearly the downside to the review system. There was no other way to check it and if he had a toe on the line and they had waited, they would've been under heavy fire from everybody on the Heat side and outside world.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Couldn't they review the 3 after the Spurs went down and took a shot?

12. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Assuming you mean the Ray Allen 3, why would they review it afterwards? What if in fact it was a 2... Miami would have lost because they wouldn't have had an opportunity to foul. It has to be done before the possession.

13. clippy

clippy Member

If the Heat end up winning tomorrow, this may go down as the clutchest shot in NBA history. Reggie hit some comparable ones (basically one shot to beat elimination) but never in the Finals, effectively for the title. Gasol, Fisher, and Artest all hit huge shots in game 7 2010 but none with so little time left (Rondo hit a big one but the Celtics lost). Jerry West hit a prayer from midcourt to send a Finals game into OT but the Lakers ended up losing. Are there better examples?

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I hate Ray Allen.

15. jvu

jvu Member

[​IMG]

Allen deserved a bigger pic than Lebron.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So is Pop and the Spurs mad that they reviewed the shot or was he calling for the review? It looked like half the spurs were going up court to catch the heat off guard and Lebron's body language is like "Everyone calm down and play defense." and then when the refs decide to review it you get a few Spurs looking around like "Why?"

17. k-money

k-money Member

the refs did everything they could for a game 7 for more ticket sales

18. clippy

clippy Member

You've got to be joking. The refs could have easily sealed this for the Heat by calling Parker out on his flops or giving LeBron and Wade some normal fouls they get at the rim (eg, the Danny Green breakaway hack is called a foul 90% of the time). If anything, the refs let both teams play, which is somewhat shocking and to be respected. Having to rely on the Heat to hit two threes in the last 20s to tie the game is the exact opposite of rigging.

19. psk

psk Member

when lebron missed that 3, i immediately thought, "here comes the mob and their pitchforks." REEZUS shuttlesworth just changed that man's legacy.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Bosh was also pretty clutch with some key blocks at the end.