1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[NBAonABC] Simmons just said he thinks Dwight will sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

absolutely not, if t rob is the only thing standing in morey's way of signing Howard I'm confident that he would take future second round picks in return and just parlay them down the line with first round picks for more established talent.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If Miami could dump Beasley to make their Big Three happen then we should have no problems with ours. After all, the whole country was up in arms over that union.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No issues I think T-Rob and maybe our second rounder might even get us a good future first round pick in the draft.

Teams would be stupid not to take that chance given the weak draft - the guy only has one guaranteed year, still young enough to be a draft pick, only one year in the league, has already shown one solid skill (rebounding).

Heck, if not for the opportunity to get Howard, I would be villifying Morey for trying to get rid of him.

4. ooox

ooox Member

Beasley actually showed potential averaging 15/6 before they traded him. Robinson has not.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Hopefully Howard will finally improve his game here

6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I'm sure Charlotte wouldn't mind taking him in.
    Walker
    Oladipo OR Henderson
    MKG
    Robinson
    Len OR Biyombo

I mean, that's a hell of a potential-filled line-up.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

"Steal" Dwight? The only way the Clippers steal Dwight is if they don't have to give up Blake and that ain't happenin.

8. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Basketball Reasons? Wouldn't he be retired once Howard signed? Anyway, the league has no interest in either of the teams, so that would be a hard one for him to veto.

9. Sanity2disChaos

Howard will be a Rocket ........What Im excited about are the moves Morey will make after locking Howard in a contract. There are endless possicilities to upgrade the roster..

T-Rob can be traded....if you can trade Hasheen T, you can trade T-Rob.

Dont sweat the small stuff...we have bigger fish to fry....
    CP3/Jsmoove/Iggy/Granger/Milsap/LMA

10. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Bobcat would do it to keep Howard from Atlanta and the Eastern Conference.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Rockets need to position themselves to have a chance of getting Lebron next year in addition to obtaining Dwight this year. A very tall order, no doubt.

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

I agree, yet it still happened. As someone else posted, when it comes to "making you better" or "making us better", almost anyone is going to choose "making us better". And Thomas Robinson still has value, and I'm pretty sure Daryl Morey already has his ducks in a row to make it happen. He doesn't want to blow his team up for a "chance" at Dwight Howard he needs a sure thing. As tough as it is, I think we all just need to be patient.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If we do get Dwight, Morey will have to make tough decisions. Do we sacrifice the short-term for the bigger picture? In an ideal world, we get expiring players that help us in the playoffs next year for Lin and Asik.

14. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

Hypothetically speaking, if the Rockets sign Dwight, then a Harden for Lebron sign & trade would be very tempting.

Of course that's if Lebron wants to leave Miami & whether Miami would want a star in return or rebuild.

Lebron still hasn't had a chance to play with a really good big man.

Bosh isn't that man.

15. TripleSeven

TripleSeven Member

If I'm a player in my late twenties or early thirties with the opportunity to have a max contract AND be on a championship caliber team located in Texas, that's where I'm going.

Less tax on my money, marketing in China, and I'd be winning. (Since that's what's they claim it's all about)

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think they will have to pay to get someone to take him.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

18. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

^^ they have d wade lol. Lebron to Houston will never happen

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I don't think the Lakers are blown away by an offer of Bledsoe and Jordan.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong: by doing a S&T, we get $5m in wiggle room while matching salaries if we end up over the cap (given the size of Howard's contract). Does that mean, then, that we could go $5m over the cap? In other words, if the Lakers were willing to trade Howard straight-up for Terrence Jones, the trade would work because our total salary would end up less than $5m over the salary cap? If so, we wouldn't necessarily need to trade Robinson.