1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I have 400,000

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Felixthecat, Jun 15, 2013.

1. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Again, let me re-iterate.

I want to do business with you, but first you have to prove to me that you ain't trolling. Post a picture of your "400,000" stock.

theimpossibles1 and Felixthecat like this.
  2. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I got 25 lighters on my dresser yes sir I gotsta get paid.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

More like 400,000 lighters.

4. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I always hated cats. But seriously, it's like you're trying to start a pyramid scheme on here. What's next? Are you gonna have us guys try to sell cutlery and the ladies sell make up/Tupperware? Oh and refer friends and make referral commission right? Seriously, don't bill it as charity if you're just aiming for profit as your biggest agenda

5. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

First of all, is it too late/a bad idea to capitalize on Katrina? Yes.

But does OP deserve the massive **** storm and pile on from everyone here, as if he were a malicious villain? I don't think so. The guy is just trying to figure out how get rid of stock, while trying to make some money out of it. What percent donation does he have to get to to pacify you guys? 30%? 50%? Like he said, at least he's donating something. And isn't business about making money?

Honestly, without operating at a loss, what would you do with a large quantity of something?

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  6. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Melt it and sell the byproduct.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The question is rigged. For example, are we talking pure gold, or used hair gel? Maybe it's not possible to do it without operating at a loss.

8. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

Make your first offer $400,000, the price usually settles at around half of that

9. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

If he out right came here and said hey, selling these in bulk. Wanna make a buck? No problem. But he was beating around the bush and tried to mask it with a fasad of charity to both Katrina, then blame FEMA and finally throw a couple bucks to our beloved clutch fans. Just be honest, NSA already knows everyone's full intentions haha

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Original poster sleazy for doing this? YES. But I'll stop there, someone is just trying to make some dough.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You are the Hunt brothers of the rubber bracelets market.

I suggest you focus on the Katy area during the next thunderstorm.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGF4AG9JqDg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGF4AG9JqDg?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I have 400,000 condoms

14. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Poor guy should have just said, trying to sell bracelets and didn't mention anything about the charity.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Wouldn't have mattered. Nobody would've bought them anyway. He knew that which is why he tried to use the "It's for charity" angle.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

How come he couldn't sell those in 2005/2006? What happened?

17. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

because it was just as ****ty an idea back then.

when I'm drunk and looking at boobies, I don't want to be reminded of horrific tragedies.

Uprising and theimpossibles1 like this.
  18. droopy421

droopy421 Member

OP probably knows of some sweet MLMs too.

19. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

He didn't sell them when relevant because he didn't have them when relevant. Someone recently saw a sucker and offloaded unsellable product for something instead of nothing. OP is not a businessman, OP is stupid. The fact that he thought he could make $352,000 off rubber bracelets for a natural disaster from last decade is concrete, damning evidence.

The charity angle is scummy.

He deserves what he gets.

BigShasta likes this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Probably just overstock from the charity that made them and the other guy said he would dispose of them. He probably was paid by the charity to get rid of them.