1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Dwight and CP3 hope to team up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancerthompson, Jun 14, 2013.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

So between Gasol, Hill, and Blake the Lakers are trying to dump $26 million in salary with no salary coming back. And they expect to get picks in that salary dump which the Clippers will accept in a SnT for Paul. And Dwight and Paul will both accept less than the max. And the league will ignore the fact that the Lakers will be at the apron with only four players on the roster and let them sign 11 veteran minimum contracts, even though it's completely against the rules.

This is preposterous. The Lakers would be in a better spot to get CP3 if they amnestied Kobe instead of Metta and even then it's a long shot.

2. treeman

treeman Member

Let them have their little brainstorming session and figure out themselves that it isn't going to work, and that neither LA team is going to play ball and help the other. Then Paul can resign with the Clips and Howard can make up his mind between LaLaLand and Houston, and we can move on with this mess.

I'd love to see us land Howard relatively easily by just moving a couple of pieces and keeping the core intact. I do NOT want us to blow up the team just to land CP3 and D12, especially if it means losing Parsons. That destroys much of what makes us an appealing destination in the first place.

Dwight may be leaning towards us, but he will explore all of his options.

1 person likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<object width="640" height="480" id="mycbsiplayer_NXnffBR3b0uB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="mycbsiplayer" data="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="src" value="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="flashvars" value="width=640&amp;height=360&amp;compAdsEnabled=true&amp;compAdW=300&amp;compAdH=60&amp;pid=NXnffBR3b0uB&amp;partner=cbssports&amp;autoplay=false&amp;server=http://www.cbssports.com&amp;smode=fit&amp;uvpc=http://sports.cbsimg.net/video/uvp/config/mpx/uvp_default.xml&amp;imageServer=http://sports.cbsimg.net&amp;contEx=share,embed,related,sep5,sep6,sep8&amp;fireOverlays=true"></object>

4. budo09

budo09 Member

Doug Gottlieb is r****ded. Holy hell that was painful to watch.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he's there to offer the r****ded man's perspective

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Doug Gottlieb about to show the world he's on Bleacher Report's level

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I would like both Lin and Asik to stay, but you can't let this get in the way of getting Howard and Paul.

Get the superstars first, and work things out later. If it doesn't work, who wouldn't want any of Paul, Howard and/or harden to be traded to their team.

Having said that, it comes from the multiple source guy.

8. allaroundplayer

If the Clippers need to make cap space for Dwight:

Greg Smith to CLIPPERS

Deandre Jordan to HOUSTON

That gives us the back up center we want / need.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I hope you're not serious. If so, I feel oh so sorry for you my friend.

10. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Broussard did his job, he trolled every NBA fan

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

[​IMG]

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Treeman? Where the hell have you been? We've been wondering if you've been OK after your tour "over there" several years ago. Damn, I'm glad you're obviously alive and hopefully well.

Wow. Sorry for the derail. Now maybe I'll read your post!

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

[​IMG]

14. allaroundplayer

It will give the Rockets 48 minutes every game of protecting the rim / shot blocking & dunking from the center position with Asik & Deandre Jordan, as well as running the floor. Dwight Howard doesn't run the floor hard!!! He only jogs at a very leisurely pace.

15. allaroundplayer

Is something wrong with the quote thing?

I was only adding to my post and I got 2 quotes.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Become a contributing member and you can do all sorts of groovy things, like edit. Look at the bottom of the Front Page for the link to the Tip Jar and send in a contribution, whatever you think you can afford. It helps Clutch keep the BBS going, and you get the goodies.

(although the Styx Forum is by invitation only)

17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Im glad lin will be gone soon

18. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

At least $10 though. When you contribute, make sure your username is in the memo or whatever to receive credit. Cheers mate

19. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Hate on his fans, not the man himself. I wish the very best for lin... His fans can f@#$ off

20. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

That vid was seriously hilarious. The lady was the only one who really knew what she was talking about and the guy was acting like he knew what he was talking about LOL