1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

To the Clutch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by superpro, Mar 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He's been responding to several people on this bbs for months. It's been no secret. His id is um... Tim. :)

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

His member name is Tim and he signs his posts:

Tim McDougall
    Houston Rockets VP of Marketing

or something like that.

Most everyone who has been here for more than a couple of weeks knows this. We do have a direct line to the Rockets as a result of their participation.

However, no athlete or coach thinks it is a good idea to read the press and/or the fans. It is especially distressing to be blasted on a daily basis by people who are supposed to be your staunchest supporters. Many athletes would simply be overly distracted by it and so they avoid call-in shows and internet BBS's.

As for telling the Rockets what we want from the games in terms of entertainment value, cost of tickets, concessions or how we want the team to particupate the community, we have every right to want a voice. However, none of us is qualified to give the coach or players advice on how to run a pick and roll or busting a zone defense.

3. superpro

superpro Member

I surf this board everyday since December last year, but never had the luck to read his post. Please, if you could, show me a few messages he posted recently. I really want to hear what he says about this team.

Also, what happened to the search function, Jeff?

4. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

At least you all treated him nicely...

If I were an athlete...I wouldn't like to be surfing the Internet and read all this bad stuff about me....I wouldn't even like people to be talking about me. Unless I was some superstar.

5. Tim

Tim Member

superpro,

Pay more attention, dude. :rolleyes: I've just been busy the last week.

Good to have you here. Clutch et al run the best fan site in the NBA, imho.

Tim McDougall
    Vice President of Marketing
    Houston Rockets and Comets

6. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well obviously you don't surf this board enough. If you did, you would find all of the information you are currently asking for.

Now that I think of it, you should apply for a Rockets management job. I'm sure they will absolutely LOVE your fantastic ideas!!! :p

Oh and again, you obviously haven't used this site much becuase you would know it's not just a place for fans to vent their ridiculous issues with the Rockets.

That's just one forum.

This is also a place where we can live under "the" Clutch's regime and b**** to him when something goes wrong.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yep...it's my home page. This bbs board is always on my screen.
    great job on the site...even though there is no secret thread.

8. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

When you post, this is what I see.

[​IMG]

Can you shoot fireballs? :p

9. qrui

qrui Member

hahahahaha...

10. Live

Live Member

This thread is very '...maybe, maybe no...'-ish.

11. xcharged

xcharged Member

12. zilches

zilches Member

Fortunately, through a variety of telepathic/audio-clairvoyent powers and some solid CIA training...I can read Rocket minds and implant thoughts in their heads.

I just haven't figured out how to make them obey me! :confused:

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You mean to tell me Francis doesn't always have want to know what his BBall IQ is?

14. knifejc

knifejc Member

It would be nice if the Clutch Crew could get a question and answer type chat room with some of the players...kinda like how espn does their chatroom with Aldrdge, Stein, Carter, etc, etc. Would just have to find away to avoid the whiner and complain posts out:)

15. hotshotrbs2

hotshotrbs2 Member

Oh man... that's awesome.

16. hotshotrbs2

hotshotrbs2 Member

No secret forum? There was a thread about this a while ago. I hope you are being sarcastic.

17. superpro

superpro Member

Thanks, Tim. I just came back from a trip to Indiana and immediately logged in and, to my greatest joy, found two great pieces of news!:

1. You responded.
    2. A great win at Oakland though I missed the game. And Yao's first 3.

Thanks again. I am so pleased to see Francis is changing his play to adjust to the game. If you could ask him to tell his buddy-CAT to learn to adjust to the big fellow and tough up on the defense, I would really appreciate it.

Superpro

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Tim handles marketing, chief. He's not a coach. Your not supposed to ask him to give the players your guru insight, your supposed to suggest things like what music you want to hear during the games, give feedback on the commercials, suggest ideas for promotion nights, etc.

Example:

Hey Tim, how about giving out a set of mini bobble heads of the Rockets, who's jersey's were retired, to the first whatever thousand fans who show up at the last regular season home game at the Compaq Center.

19. Tim

Tim Member

Heh. No, I'm probably not going to walk up to Cat and tell him to toughen up on D. We got coaches. Good coaches. I'm a huge fan of the game, but I'm just a marketing guy. We did talk to Cuttino at the beginning of the season and we both agreed that he should be more visibly involved in community programs, and that's why he's been so involved in Cuttino's Clutch City Shootout. But on the court stuff is for him and the coaches.

We actually looked into the mini-bobbles this year. Early in the season, people weren't excited about them, so we passed. Now they're starting to heat up, so we'll probably try them out, as well as some mini-action figure things we've found, next year.

We've also talked about doing ex-players. It's just a longer process, because once they retire, we no longer have rights to their image for premiums. It requires a separate negotiation. But we'd love to do it. It'll be next season, though.

Tim McDougall
    Vice President of Marketing
    Houston Rockets and Comets
    timm@rocketball.com

20. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

How long till "Tim bobble head night"?

[​IMG]