1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear Dwight:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol he was so sure. Wonder if he's still waiting for Dwight at the airport. Should be any day now! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

WTF...!!! Dream is a two time champion and Howard is running from NBA teams two times. That's a big azz difference homeboy...

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

basketballholic is jopatmc.

2 people like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I didn't want to say it but this.

#124 J.R., Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Perhaps he'll fly in on Air Force One with President Romney.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cool it, guys. No need to pile on now.

I agree with a lot here---I have more than a few "ah come on, dude" posts in this thread, I'll bet---but the same poster is back under another username and as far as I'm concerned can change his name back to the original should DH12 come here now.

Wish a mod would lock this up.

7. babyface44

babyface44 Member

gotta get in on this

[​IMG]

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Damn, that wingspan. The Rockets should develop him in the d-league and send Jeremy Lin to train with him in the summer.

10. kturner77

kturner77 Member

Did you realize you would be right on the money one year later??

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not too surprising. (Similarly to the DaDakota double account thing) Its not the NAME, the style remains THE SAME.

I've thought of him as the definition of (Bud Light presents) "Mr Preposterous Trade Suggester" . And very manically OVER-speculative and over-presumptuous trying too hard to be a harbinger. And this basketballholic's doing the same thing.

Not a big deal, just saying

1 person likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Dwight read the letter...which is why it was written.

Rather than act like kindergarten kids, it would have been more impactful if the whole bunch of you wrote your own letters to Dwight and added them to the thread. It would have made a much deeper positive impression on him and let him know there's a slew of very knowledgeable fans here who know what championship basketball is all about.

The gifs were funny then and they still are funny today. And all the other smart-alek remarks made me laugh as well.

However, the numerous funny responses clearly illustrated the divide between highly-intelligent highly-informed long-time basketball fans and a host of posters who come in the room firing their little toy nerf basketballs at the hoop on the door and never grow up to basketball maturity.

They're the same ones that were scratching their jocks and picking their noses on the practice court while the rest of us players were actually digging down in a defensive stance and sliding, the same guys that when coach did put them in the game somebody had to remind them to take off their sweat bottoms as they ran out to the free throw lane. And when the ball was thrown to them it slid right through their little wickets because their palms were too slick. The nervous palm sweats combined with the left over ky jelly from their self-massage in the locker room at halftime all added to their nervous shakes when coach called their name to get in the game made it impossible for them to catch a porcupine much less an actual basketball.

Yep, those guys. Remember them well. How can we forget them? They're all here. Posting gifs. Not reading anything that runs past 3 sentences. They're a laugh a minute but totally useless in the game of basketball.

13. ooox

ooox Member

Lmao god this is embarrassing. Why would you write this in this in the first place? Lock it up.

14. jbasket

jbasket Member

I am sure Dwight doesn't really care about a letter from a fan forum board that he probably does not check. I liked the read, but in all honesty, professional athletes don't take that stuff too seriously. There is just too many articles/threads/comments out there.
    I know some of those GIF posters are actually serious basketball fans and know about basketball/played at a high level (one right here). I post GIFs, but doesn't mean that I "picked my nose" in practice. I actually had a very successful career in respect to expectations. There are three types of posters: informative ones (Bima, JR, CH, Clutch, etc.), funny guys (Rodman, Rodman, Rodman, and only Rodman :p), and then the casual guys. I guarantee serious basketball players are in all three categories.

2 people like this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I think Dwight has the right to rub one out if he chooses. :p

17. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Do you honestly think that Dwight read this? I love this site as much as the next guy, but, to have any delusions that something as simple as this has the power to sway Dwight in any way is laughable. People make fun of it because it has no value in his decision; simple as that.

18. amaru

amaru Member

Dwight is a member of this board?

19. Methom

Methom Member

This got to be a joke...only here for the comments. OP I ain't reading this shhiitt, you cray!!! haha

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I guess he wants us all to just pretend this is completely normal.