1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

He had a terrible game 2 as well, it just didnt get exposed because he played well in garbage time... but for 3 quarters he was silent as a mouse.

The guy doesn't have the killer instinct he needs to come out and score not pass to wade and bosh who are clearly stinking it up.

Then again he also sucks in big games.

2. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

yeah this time he really did choke it up.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

He's the reasons they had the run in game 2. Did you even watch the run?

4. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

It doesn't matter if Lebron scores 30 the next game. The point is, a so called GOAT cannot and should not disappear in the playoffs.

5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

He is not and will never be the GOAT. Still hate Lebron but he is a surefire HOFer (which is still great). MJ's legacy will remain intact for at least another few decades. If he had half of Kobe's drive then Lebron prolly could have been the GOAT.

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I agree that MJ's legacy will remain intact. :)

I also agree that Lebron is a future HOFer.

7. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

In the last 3 minutes of the 3rd when Miami went from up 2 to 10. Lebron had one layup, one assist and one turnover.

By this point i consider it not a close game anymore in Lebrons mind and he has more freedom to play his natural game.

Start of the 4th he gets a jump shot then miller and chalmers hit 3's and the games over by the 10 minute mark.

The guy can't perform when the games close he is super passive.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You guys agreeing a 4 time MVP is a HOFer. You guys should pat each other on the back several times.

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Booooooo

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The 16 3 pointers made by the Spurs is the big news of the night.

11. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I don't get it sometimes. Goes on a one man 9-0 run making 4 buckets in a row and then he goes back to deferring. I believe this was the end of the 3rd, at that point just go all out and be aggressive. It is not like people are gonna call you less clutch for being aggressive as opposed to deferring as ton. I would rather see him be like 10-35 than 7-21 with just outside jumpers where you hesitate 3 times before he shoots.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

The MVP part doesnt impress me as much as the all-time stats and his efficiency. Once again, if he had half the drive of Kobe, he could have very well been the GOAT but he will be remembered as a physical freak who underachieved. Kinda like Tmac.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

I also don't get Lebron, he seems really to T-mac with turning 'it' on and off..Seriously, if they would win the championship - which I highly doubt - who would be the MVP? Lebron is not playing like it, wade & bosh sure as hell not, so birdman / battier / mike miller?? This series is destined to be over unless Lebron gets the MJ killer instinct and start winning some games by himself.

14. 1-11Era

1-11Era New Member

Half the drive of Kobe? You do know that it was his teammates constantly bailing him out right? Why do people think that Kobe is some Jordan-esque player that always shouldered his team? Shaq mustve been the sidekick in that 3-peat, and Gasol, Bynum, Artest, Odom, and Fisher were equivalent to scrubs in the repeat. People have such a skewed view of Kobe that its... sad.

15. likestohypeguy

LeBron did NOT choke. He's had the most responsiblity, expectations of any superstar ever.

Anything he achieves is amazing, anything he doesn't is excusable.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol @ the drive of kobe. It's almost like people forget that Kobe was part of a team that got blown out by 39 pts in a game 7.

And there is comparison between Lebron James and Tracy McGrady.

17. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

I think it has more to do with an unbreakable will. Kobe wasn't the best player but you never heard of Kobe getting rattled by average players in games or anyone for that matter. He was always aggressive and you could count on him to give you everything he had night in and night out. Throughout his career people have been able to get into Lebron's head and throw him off his game. I think people see Lebron's talent level and feel like he's not getting the most out of it.

18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Good morning Lebron jockstrap fans

1 person likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle*

I like that one

Rocket River
    Almost broke my SarcasmMeter

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Lol @ the comparisons to T-Mac.

When was the last time Lebron lead a team of OLD PLAYERS to the finals like T-Mac is right now. How dare you guys. Lebron doesn't belong on the same court as China's greatest player ever.