1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stern riled, let the digging begin!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jun 7, 2013.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Man, never thought I'd see the day Stern loses his cool like that. Woj mentions nobody expected it so what do you guys think he means with the buried bodied? I'm excited to see what will come out after Stern leaves or maybe even more before the end of his tenure. Get the popcorn ready, the horror movie has just started and it's time to start digging!

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was just Stern using an expression, but it was confrontational. He was obviously mad, and felt threatened, so wanted to send the message he was prepared to fight.

I think it was cool of Hunter to give a moving and gutsy speech. But I don't think there is really any huge drama here.

I could always be wrong. Time will tell.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The article is over two years old, breh.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I am pretty sure he has groomed his replacement to keep the same corruption alive. It is not just going to simply all come out after he packs up his desk and walks out the door. Life is not that simple.

5. conquistador#11

it might be a figure of speech, but It wouldn't shock me if stern has actually burried someone before having dinner with his family. 'Ma, it was just a skunk we ran over.'

6. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Man, i wonder if Romney is going to beat Obama.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think he'll even get the chance because it's looking like McCain and maybe even Huckabee are going to beat Romney for the Republican nomination.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

My bad about it being from 2011, it was brought up again recently so that's why they mentioned this article. This is the new bit:

At the end of David Stern's press conference ahead of The Finals, Mike Wells of the Indy Star asked if it was true that he said he knew where "the bodies are buried" in the NBA during a 2011 meeting with league executives, coaches and players.

When Stern was asked on Thursday, he took a light tone in response to the question.

"I have a map," said Stern. "And I'm going to put it in one of the envelopes I'm leaving for Adam.

9. Awesome

Awesome Member

He made that statement during the lockout negotiations.

Still can't wait til the guy retires..he's a douche like that.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Billy Hunter's greatest moment...two years prior to being fired by the players union.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh noes. Something that happened in the past! My Internet conditioned mind can't take something that isn't less than an hour old!

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

He is talking about Antibodies to the Buried N Terminus of Rhinovirus VP4 Exhibit Cross-Serotypic Neutralization which would later become public a month and about 10 days later.

13. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Did I just accidentally step into a time warp? And is that a pic of that nukka Samson? I knew managing a union was as easy as slangin'!

14. babyface44

babyface44 Member

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So I was visiting another board and there is this guy named Rodman, pure hilarity. I sent him an invite here cuz GAWD DAMN his .gifs are outstanding. I hope he comes!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I said this because it was obvious OP thought it was new and it would've caused confusion, with people thinkin this is new and something big will follow.

But thanks for unnecessarily replying like a complete a-hole out of nowhere.