1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Dwight Howard loses to Housewife in Free Throws

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Jun 2, 2013.

1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UUTx4_gUcUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyways at 2:35 the guy pesters Dwight about Houston.. Dwight gets a bit annoyed. :eek::eek::eek:

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

been posted before.

3. bmd

bmd Member

Surprisingly, Dwight's form on the left-handed free throw is pretty decent.

It actually looks natural.

I have always been a great free throw shooter. But when I goof around and shoot with my left hand, it looks and feels way off.

Dwight was right around the rim and it looked natural like he's practiced shooting with his left before. He actually looks more relaxed shooting with his left than he does with his right.

I'd like to see him shoot free throws in practice and compare it to the games. I bet in practice he's way more relaxed in his form compared to the games. He looks stiff in the games.

4. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

He should have just granny shot those

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

theres about 2 or so pages debating what he meant by saying "do you know something I KNOW" instead of "do you know something i dont know" in response to the houston question..

6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Dwight's not thinking too much on his free throws: he's not thinking enough. He's got to think about why he doesn't want to make his free throws, and follow the trail of thoughts until he resolves why he doesn't want to make his free throws.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

never seen it, considering it was published yesterday...

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Power players are rarely good at FT's. I think it has a lot to do with the energy exerted in being a power player. I think it's more pressure on the legs when you play in the post or when you have to jump without taking a step. Tired legs = bad FT's.

Dude should be putting up FT's and 3pters every day. Looking at player stats, these two things are more closely linked than I had noticed before.

I don't know that Howard will ever be good at FT's, but I think that he may be able to sustain something between 60-65% which is more than enough.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think I counted about 8-9 rebounds.

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I dont see the big deal. Im thinking she couldnt get you 19pts, 13rebs, and 3 blocks.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Dwight Howard was using his left hand. I'd still say Dwight beats her right-handed.

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

on the vid it says he hit 10 straight right handed after the contest.

15. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

5k for charity if he lost, and he was shooting left handed. meh.

still tho, apparently he's pretty good in practice/shoot around but just stiffens up in the game. ive never played bball at any level besides local rec/pick up games so i wouldn't understand the pressure on the line, but you'd think there wouldn't be that much a discrepancy right?

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Not on the vid, but I read that he has been getting help from Chris Mullin (87% career FT shooter). I'm quite sure next year, his FT% will improve because so much spotlight was on him this past season.

17. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

He was over 60% when he came into the league, with his worst percentage the last two years. It's likely because of his injury troubles and recent drama. No reason he can't get back over 60%, since he looked healthier at the end of the season and signing with us would stabilize his head.

I think McHale could be a good fit for him. As a player, he was an excellent FT shooter with outstanding post moves and great court awareness. He's an expert in all the areas where Dwight needs help.

18. jocar

jocar Member

A. He shoots better from half court
    B. Would hit it

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

That guy is gonna mess up or Howard sweepstakes.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member